USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Any Philippine grads joining Match 2009? - xthine - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Any Philippine grads joining Match 2009? - xthine (/showthread.php?tid=321160)

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-21-2008

hello pips!! esp to darevee, michelle 06, doc harry, gsdoc, animalia, and xthine

finally I got a word from Harlem! hindi na ako nakapasok sa october 30 and 31 na interview dates. and after the looooooooooooong wait and kulitan process, the PC gave me around ten dates to choose from in the month of January! How about you animalia, nag reply na rin ba si Ms. Lindo sa yo?

Thank you Lord :-)

hehe.
congrats!

hi guys....i was interviewed in harlem last yr...be prepared to be given a case if you are to be interviewed by a doctor other than the PD...nung sakin, a brief history and a few lab results written on a piece of paper...pinabasa sakin and then i was told to give further lab workouts and my differential diagnoses...if i recall it right wala naman management.... one more thing, wag kyo sa harlem maghanap ng accomodation, medyo nakakatakot yung place...u can stay in upper manhattan and take the subway...may subway station right in front of the hospital...
Hope this helps....GOODLUCK!

@docshing and animalia

yah, got the dates for january also, kelan schedule mo? i got January 12, pa rebook ko na lang flight ko this december, it will cost me S50 though:p...Sana magkiat tayoSmile)

hello michelle06

that's very good!! im happy for us that we are somehow out of that dilemma. i expect c animalia nakakuha na rin ng date for january. i got January 29. i hope ms lindo will confirm at the end of this week, as she said in her email. i was about to make reservations for oct 27. buti na lang they sent an email na. :-) would you know if harlem offers out of match positions?

so what's keeping you busy these days? are you working? me too, ai bblik pa lang pala, kasi nag leave lang ako from work. plan ko na lang mag read ng harrison's during my vacant time so that i can prepare and review na rin esp that sabi pa naman ni dr_pinoy they can ask us medical questions. may ganyan pala talaga ano? akala ko weakness and strengths lang and the pageant type questions hahahhaha!!!

dr_pinoy thanks for the tips..i'm really touched..tulungan talaga lahat ng pinoy dito sa forums from accomodations, to interview tips and ust about anything :-) that's the spirit! :-)

hello everybody! God bless us all...

Hello docshing and michelle06!

Yes, Ms. Lindo gave me the same dates. Jan 9 or 12 siguro ang pipiliin ko. May nakasked na kasi ako sa Michigan ng Jan 6. I'm glad na pinagbigyan pa rin tayo kahit January na. Sayang din kasi yung $25 na binayad natin for that. I hope to meet you both in person. Goodluck sa ating lahat.

Docshing: Ok lng na late na ang interview nyo sa harlem coz they don't give prematch. My 7 pinoy interns ngayon dun including my classmate. God bless.

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-22-2008

animalia

yup m so happy and thankful that they accomodated our requests. keep in touch ha. i will. yeah hope to see you in person also. :-)

doc harry, thanks sa info. i thought so too, that they don't give prematches. :-) wow, dami pala ng mga classmates mo dun. my best friend is there pero sa pedia :-) i was so happy when i got an iv from harlem :-) sana ma match ako sa harlem :-)

Rejection from Temple and Long Island-IM.
Oh man.... had a very bad week. Tongue
Hope it gets better after my step 3.

IV from University of Hawaii-IM. Yay, i'm gonna see hawaii again!