USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Any Philippine grads joining Match 2009? - xthine - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Any Philippine grads joining Match 2009? - xthine (/showthread.php?tid=321160)

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-07-2008

Kayang kaya mo yan xthine.
Good luck!
Go pre-match!!! Smile

psalm 23: you did the right thing, the program will understand naman na you have to get your fair share of interviews before you can decide where u wanna go. Goodluck, hope it works out.

darevee: nov 19-21 ako sa philly eh, sayang di tayo sabay. Sad

Goodluck sa lahat ng mag-iinterviews! Sana ma-prematch tayong lahat Smile

Salamat darevee at pinoy_doc!

May God bless us all...

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-08-2008

Thank you Darevee =)

My interview yesterday could have gone better, di ko nasabi lahat ng gusto ko sabihin.. which is understandable considering that was my first interview. She asked the questions I dreaded hearing, but it was a good thing that she did para I could be more prepared for them in the future. I'm just in awe of how strongly academic their program is, hearing the PGY4 say their emphasis was on academics and teaching more than clinical service (not to say that they disregard that of course) took my breath away *daydreams*.
Given that, next time I know i'll do better, hopefully. **Rant ends here** *LOL*

The PD made it clear that since she stepped in 8 years ago, they've stopped offering positions outside of the match (come to think of it in Psych prematches are rare).

Oh...and Detroit is lovely. Pretty quiet here and everybody's been so nice and accommodating. Went to the Detroit Institute of Arts after my interview and saw the Monet to Dali exhibit.

Leaving for Mobile in a few hours. Good luck everybody!!

congrats psalm23! I heard the news from docobet last week! Good job!

22052006 - ArchivalUser - 11-08-2008

hello guys, GOD bless for ur interviews... i have a question... il be taking CS this december LA, i have my intrenational drivers license ready but a cousin of mine there told me I cant use it in CA, i can use my Philippine driver's license but just for a month as tourist... is this true? im cnfused coz i thought i can use the international licence all around US... thanks guysSmile

guys anyone gonna be in cincinnati on the 17th-19th and philly on the 19th-21st? Dun angp unta ko after my st. louis interview. Will stop by in chicago for a few days to stay with some friends. If anyone's gonna be in the area, holler lang. Goodluck to us! Smile

Arriving in Chicago on the 18th. Might be staying there until end of the month. When are you going there?
Anyone going to Philadelphia on Nov 11-12, NY 12-17, and Flint Michigan Nov 17-18? Its boring to travel alone Tongue

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-09-2008

sayang darevee, chicago ako 14-17, then cincinnati na. goodluck sa interviews! Smile

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-09-2008

Sayang, mukhang hindi talaga tayo mag-abot.
Good luck din sa interviews mo!