USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Any Philippine grads joining Match 2009? - xthine - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Any Philippine grads joining Match 2009? - xthine (/showthread.php?tid=321160)

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-10-2008

@Minnie - I'll be in PA from the 19th to the 22nd.. kaso sa Hershey Smile I'm planning to go to Hershey Park while I'm there, heard it's one of the must see places in the area. Punta ka? 2 hours away from Philly Wink

HI xthine! Baka makapunta ako, I'll be staying with a friend in NJ, 15 minutes away lang from PA (across the bridge) and will have whole day of the 20th to explore. I hear Philly's a nice place, and Temple is my favorite program. Will let you know if makakapunta ako. Goodluck sa IV , big time ang Penn Hershey Smile

Thank you! Good luck to you too Smile
Yeah.. Penn State's Psych program is very impressive, location is perfect for raising a family too.

Nice!! The park's open weekends only this month, I was hoping to go Thursday (20th) so had to rebook my flight so I could spend the entire Saturday at Hershey Park, I'm sure it's gonna be worth it. hehe. Mas excited pako sa park kesa sa interview? Nah... *LOL* I hope I could get to meet you in Hershey.
Keep me posted okay?

@docshing: Mobile is nice!! Pretty quiet and idyllic. I went to Bellingrath Gardens yesterday (took a hundred pictures and walked for 5 hours hehe..amazing!!) and took a tour of the Bellingrath house. Saw Fowl River too, meron nag fifishing Smile I wanted to take the cruise pero they said it was too cold these days so they weren't offering it. Sayang Sad

Xthine mukhang ang dami mo nang naexplore ha! Im in columbia, missouri. Nag tailgate kami a few nights ago, last home game na kasi ng college football team dito. Apparently college football is a big thing here. We also went to the gateway arch sa st. louis. Nice to know may mga pinoys din dito sa columbia, mostly in the FM program. Sa 2 pupuntahan ko next, wala akong kakilala talaga (St. Louis and cincinnati) so have to spend some money for a hotel.

Malamig na nga daw sa PA ngayon, so I think you'll get frostbite if you go on a cruise, hehe. Dito umaabot ng 20s ang temp, windy kasi sometimes. Im dreading going to madison, wisconsin sa december. I hear the winters there are REALLY bad. Oh well, adventure na lang ito, hehe. Have fun in PA!

hello xthine! it's nice to know you found my homebase nice :-) nakakamiss nga eh... wow, 5 hours ang na spend mo dun? hhehehehhe...nagpapicture ka ba sa me lion? hehhhehhee...how was your interview at USa mobile?

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-11-2008

hi guys, im new here. first, i would like to congratulate everyone! interview season is not over yet so i pray that everyone will continue to stay positive... anyway, im done with step 1 and CK with scores in 80's and will be taking CS in february.il be doing observership in CA for 3 months early next year. i know its a little too early yet to bother but just wondering if you guys have any advise for me? what are my chances with such average credentials and what else can i do to boost my application? im planning to apply in 2010 to maybe 60-80 pedia programs.

tnx guys and hang on everyone,

Good luck...

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-14-2008

How's everybody?

@minnie81: Ah, the cruise was supposed to be in Mobile. I got tickets for Hershey Park the day after my interview. Smile Yes they're pretty big on college football, one of the PGYs at Wayne recommended that I mention USA's winning streak for my interview. O diba ayos sa advice! hehe.

@docshing: Oh wow Mobile is amazing!! Sabi ko nga sa kanila I could see myself actually living there. Everybody's so nice, warm, and accommodating. The interview was certainly one for the books. Nag tornado drill during the interview, and yung PD gave me a lift to rendezvous with the lost shuttle driver. That was so extremely nice of her Smile

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-18-2008

Medyo tahimik ang thread natin lately..how is everyone doing?
For all of those who wished me luck on my Step 3 exams-- Thanks! I was really lucky and got 96. I posted my study materials on the step 3 forum next door but if you have any questions I can help you with, don't hesitate to ask. Smile

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-19-2008

congrats darevee! great score! hawoda uy!Smile

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-19-2008

Congrats Darevee!! Youre gonna impress a lot of attendings with that step 3 score Wink

Leaving for Hershey, PA today. Flight leaves in 2 hours and I'm still here in front of my netbook. Haha.