USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Any Philippine grads joining Match 2009? - xthine - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Any Philippine grads joining Match 2009? - xthine (/showthread.php?tid=321160)

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-22-2008

thanks darevee! Im also planning to do 2nd visits sa programs na gusto ko. Alam ko no-no pa rin ang jeans, still semi-formal. since 2nd visit mo na, you can ask for more exposure, like attending inpatient rounds, observing or following a resident.

xthine: how was ur interview? I was able to go to liberty bell and the independence hall sa philly. Bigla ba namang nag-snow, brrr. I like philly, very nice and livable city.

ANybody gonna be in chicago mid december to early january? Dun lang ako the whole time. might be in NY early December. Goodluck guys!

Minnie: Will be in NY from Nov 30-Dec 5. Staying in Chicago right now.

darevee: I might be in NY at that time, depends on how my arrangements go. Where in NY will you be staying? Sayang di tayo nag-abot sa chicago, I was there a few days ago. Sad

I'm staying with friends at Upper Manhattan. Hope we can meet up there! Smile
(Now I know why they call Chicago the Windy City! Brrrr!)

@Darevee: Yeah next time sa Chicago baon ako ng ski mask LOL

@Minnie81: Nice to hear you got to see some sights. I just got back from an entire day at Hershey Park and Chocolate World. Sugar rush!!! hahaha. Snow showers plus windchill in the afternoon..sarap! Oh..the interview, medyo hindi okay for me because I was not able to interview with the attending na i really really really (x infinity) wanted to meet, plus they only have 3 seats this year daw. Other than that, the attendings were all nice and seemed very interested in me (except one); the program is very impressive and academically strong as expected.

I'll be in Chicago early January. Saan ka sa Chicago punta?

Question/thoughts: When the attendings tell us that we're strong candidates, we hope you will consider us, we hope you can join us next year, you stand a good chance at matching with us, you're the most interesting candidate i've met so far, this will be a good place for you and your daughter (ay naging specific hehe)..does it really mean anything? Yung sa unang program ko no comment, pero the other 2, very vocal sila. I'm guessing it's different from program to program or even specialty ? May isang time nung tinanong ko yung isang applicant na kasabay ko, sabi din daw sa kanya the same thing, minsan naman hindi daw sila sinabihan nung tulad ng sinabi sa akin. Ay ewan. I don't wanna drive myself nuts trying to read tea leaves hehe.

Good luck everybody!! I'm off to sunny California tomorrow Smile

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-23-2008

darevee: I'll probably be in upper manhattan also. Hope we can meet up!

Xthine: im in LA right now, nagpapainit, hehehe. I'll be in Chicago until Jan 5, sa downtown. Maybe we can meet up, if it's not too cold, that is.

Alam mo, ako I dont wanna decipher the attending's words na. I just rely on my gut feel, if I have a good feeling about a program. It's like being on a first date, hehe. Pag may spark, then good. Sabi nila, if they schedule you with bothe the PD and chairman, it's a good sign. So far ang the best vibes for me is my IV at st. louis. Will see how the others go. Smile

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-24-2008

^Wow! So close yet so far again.. I'm 3 hours away from LA. Hehe. Ill be in Chicago by the 6th naman. Sayang!

Hmmm so far I haven't met with a chairman (either out of town, meeting etc).. medical director and medical student education supervisor, aside from PD and members of the faculty.
Ang hirap!!! They all seem so sincere and interested yeah reminds me of my dating years. hehe. Only this time around, they would have to pick me. Karma? LOL

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-24-2008

^natawa naman ako dun xthine. In osme ways, they also want you to pick them, otherwise they'll have to scramble. Kaya some programs are playing it safe and say things like 'we're gonna rank you high' to every applicant. When is your next interview. Mine is December 6 sa connecticut, os magpapakasaya muna ako dito. Goodluck!

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-26-2008

minnie and daravee..... i'll also be in NY dec 3-5 for 2nd visits...upper west side ako stay...maybe we can meet...

doc_harry.....musta pare?...how did your interview with SVCH go?

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-26-2008

dr_pinoy: sure, it would be nice to meet up with you guys.

By the way, I just passed step 3! Woohooo! My score was higher than I expected, sa wakas tapos na din ako with the endless MLE exams. Now I'm going to chumash for eat all you can lobster. Yum yum!