USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Any Philippine grads joining Match 2009? - xthine - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Any Philippine grads joining Match 2009? - xthine (/showthread.php?tid=321160)

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-28-2008

Psalm23: pwede ba mahiram ang eyes mo? lol

Virtuoso: Kaya natin to!

just wanted to say hello to my fellow pinoysSmile been a silent user for awhile now but i figured what the heck, might as well put in my two cents' worth on the forumSmile xthine i replied to your question na about rosalind franklin. pls post your email address and i will reply to you as soon as i can. ill be leaving tomorrow for an interview on monday and will go without the internet until then. good luck to allSmile

@Psyched: Oh wow!!! Finally a pinoy applying for Psych!! my email is xthine. Send me an email tapos maybe I could add you sa YM ko. Hope to hear from you soon and thanks for replying Smile

@doc_harry18 & virtuoso: After 10 banking days I will join the celebration hahahaa

@Psalm23: Congrats again!! Grabe.. pwede bang magpa coach sayo? Tongue

@Darevee: Oh my interview is in Lubbock Texas for Psychiatry next week..sorry for the misunderstanding.

Congrats psalm23, susunod kame ni ken sa yapak mo Wink)

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-29-2008

Hi to everyone... Congrats to those who've prematched. I am applying for a bunch of FM programs. I've had an interview in Nov but I don't have an idea if they liked me. I sent email to the people I interviewed with but got no response from anyone but a "thank you for choosing us" card from the resident who gave me the tour. I have another interview in December and am pressured to do well---I don't know if this is the last one already...

How do you know the people like you? Is it okay to ask if I have a chance to match/pre-match???--I'm kinda shy and my scores are not that high, just experience as a RN... Advice please....

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-30-2008

Again, maraming salamt sa inyong lahatSmile

gigtoxin, my scores are not that high too...hindi ako nagtanong about prematch...nahihiya din ako, pero nung palabas na ko ng door, tinanong ako ng PD kung interested me and i said yes. Then sabi nya it's too early to offer a premtach, usually daw, mga last week of december or january sya nag ooffer (pag patapos na intervw season). Pero kung may pressure daw from ibang program, or kung gusto ko daw tlga sa program nila, binigay nya business card nya, email or tawag daw me which i did. Nag follow up ako ( pinilit lang ako ni doc haryy to do this!). hehehe, effective.

hmmm, generally, mababait ang PD...minsan sinasabi nilang they like u pero ang tingin ko sinasabi namn nila sa lahat ng applicant yun. Pano nga ba malalaman? hmmm, mararamdaman mo yun, compared mo yung mga PD kung pano sila makipag usap sayo.

Just show them that you really like the program...Smile

God bless us all!

Bago ko makalimutan, It's one of the NYMC hospitals in NY, Internal medicine program. Smile

psalm, sound shore ba yan?

josh, If it's ok with u, kindly leave your email address here. I'll add you in my Ym list...

Hi. Is there anyone here who is familiar w/ NY Downtown Hospital IM program? Smile