USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
ECFMG Is sending mail, be in touch with LOR writer - turiwal - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: ECFMG Is sending mail, be in touch with LOR writer - turiwal (/showthread.php?tid=342332)

Pages: 1 2 3

ECFMG Is sending mail, be in touch with LOR writer - turiwal - ArchivalUser - 09-26-2008

As a challange put to me by some of the forum viewers I mailed to ECFMG to investigate Fraudulent LORs from South Asia- they replied as below

Dear ECFMG- ERAS applicant,
Thank you for your inquiry about the possibilities of fraud LOR. We are aware of this and will be investigating soon. The inquiry will be directed as the policy listed in- ERAS Support Services at ECFMG Policy on Original Documents for Letters of Recommendation (LoR) and Medical Student Performance Evaluations (MSPEs).
If you have any more information or inquiries please do not hesitate to contact our office.

Secretory,
ECFMG ERAS Documents
3624 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-2685 USA
(215) 386-5900

0 - ArchivalUser - 09-26-2008

that sounds silly work why dont you stop talking on that serious topic

It doesnot matter!!!!! Any letter from countries other than US does not count. The reason being, Programs KNOW this happens. Infact I was surprised to hear that programs dont even think our schools are as good. They are very blunt about this. All they see is scores. This is the only thing that they think is true as it is through their system ie. ecfmg. As serious as it sound, fraud or not, letters from sounth Asia do not count anyways. Please stop sending such emails to ecfmg because it will cause more damage than good. Leave some space for respect for our side of the world. People who send such letters wont get any interviews anyways. These programs are not fools. I read on some websites" For IMGs,please submit personal statements that you have written yourself." They know what goes on and its better not to do such things because if you get to the point of interview, you will embaress yourself by not being able to support what the letter says.

You haven't done any good to south asian countries at the time when competition here is so tough for residency.You are trying every possible effort to bring bad name to Nepal.You have put your countrymen in trouble.They might be cursing you in future.
What are your next plans Mr Turiwal ?

I luv how u mispelled "secretory" :o

ECFMG itself doesnt take responsibility to ascertain the genuinity of the letters of recommendation but only the meical degree and medical credentials.

Once you get to a point of acceptance, PDs in past have contacted the LOR writers.

Every single PD knows that only fools will submit substandard LORs from home country.
Even if your LORs are original, they are from writers of your choice, and that does not help in selection process.
Overseas LORs do not carry any weight apart from ticking a box on application requirements.

Only fools will submit fake LORs from home countries as it is so easy to get 3-4 genuine good LORs from a place where you trained all your life.

Those fools will not have good scores. Any overseas doctor with 90 plus will have atleast three faculty guys supporting him.

So no body cares about non US LORs, and no body knows your professors, who might only exist in letter or outside letter.

ECFMG does not have funding and resources to chase letters from all over the world.

However, PD if suspicious or for some other reason have contacted authors many times and that is when they are on verge of signing you in the program.

And lastly do not make these PDs think that all the world is desperate for residency in the US.

They are just another bunch of senior doctors, who change jobs and have career issues.

I am waiting for more input guys give your time

turiwal, dude either you have gone crazy waiting for iv call to appear or you just think you are super smart being. Either way chill out my friend and dont feel guilty about those fake Lors you must have sent, easy now they really dont care much if its not from US like someone already said in this thread. Dont be a silly kid witing this kind of stuff and tryig to get a laugh (while you are shivering ur ass about your own Lors). But God forbid you get caught and permanently black listed, ever thought about that? Just grow up and learnt deal with pressure like a man.

people make fake lor and experiences to fill their gaps while they were living in USA or outside while doing nothing or doing something else other than clinical experience.

this is unfair with those who did not fill their gaps with fake experience.

0 - ArchivalUser - 09-27-2008

Something in turiwal's post always reminds me of the geographical proximity of Nepal to the state of Bihar!