USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
with a 99 in step 1 and 2 but failed in cs. - dr_shafiqmd - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: OET & Step 2 CS (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: with a 99 in step 1 and 2 but failed in cs. - dr_shafiqmd (/showthread.php?tid=347688)

Pages: 1 2

with a 99 in step 1 and 2 but failed in cs. - dr_shafiqmd - ArchivalUser - 10-12-2008

i got 99 in step1 and 99 in step 2.but they failed me in step 2 cs. the parts i failed are sep and cis.in cis i am maily failed in professional manner and patient rapport. i dont know what they mean.can anybody explain to me what are the standards for passing this exam.can anybody send me a checklist of how we are scored.i will really appreciate that

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-12-2008

Shafiq dont get it personal,,,,,,,,,,,this is a country of possibilities,, I know u have the guts to pass it ,,, and u can ,, you are quite bold person if you can get double 99,,,, You just reapply as quickly as possible and go ahead ,,, where are u living,,hope u do well.

Thanks fr the reply flint.i took m exam from philli.anyways i am failed.i am reapplying but if any body can guide me about the above mentioned portions i will be greatful.

dr_shafiqmd,
i understand it would be VERY hard time for you ,
Which EXAM Center did you go for CS ?

i can understand how u feel right now.
i understand this CS exam is very Subjective.It totally depends on SP ' satisfaction
If you can track your 12 SP comments from ECFMG, you will find out what is wrong.
3 of my friends got above 95 in both step1 & 2 ,fluent English with correct.
Pronunciation,Accent,Grammer, But they also Fail.
So, unbelievable & unpredicatble who will pass & who will fail.
I wish you meet the good SP who want you to pass the CS EXAM

Shafiq you just go the google search, and give the required item i mean the area you failed in ,,, if you get the information from USMLE.org 2009 it has explained what every aspect of the CS mean,,,aRE YOU FROM ASIA, OR FROM EUROPE, if in Asia then plz tel me the country and then ur med school

how can i track my 12 sp comments from ecfmg.
that will be great and terrific.is it possible.how can i do that cpmsa. am from pakistan and i did my mbbs from khybermedical college peshwar.

Hey Shafiq,
Do you have any IV call so for. I know one of my friend who got 99 and 92 and failed his CS on 8th oct, on 10 th OCt he got two calls,,,,,,,,,, form Mt Sinai Florida and Brookdale University NYC,. I also know my friends who are completed with their everything and have 99 and 95 with only one or no IV call,,, so dont worry ,,, if you have two or more than two calls,, go ahead with your exam and u shall definietely come back in tha match. GL and TC

i dont have any calls so far
and am not worrying about match.am now worried for exam.where is cpmsa.he tiold me that i should track 12 sp comments on ecfmg.is it reall or he is kiding.

Hi Shafiq. which speciality are u trying for?? forget about the cs which u gave. u cant trac anything down. i sent mine for CIS evaluation. they made me wait for almost 2months and gave a letter whcih was nothing but the print out of what was mentioned on the ecfmg website regarding the re-evaluation policies. u wont be able to find out anything about yr cs exam. believe me. so forget thinking about it and start preparing for for cs if u want to go for this match. btw we are in the same boat. lets succeed the next time. Best of luck

i hve aplied for internl medicine