USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
done with the EXAM, awaits RESULT - tatay - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Step 1 (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: done with the EXAM, awaits RESULT - tatay (/showthread.php?tid=388830)

Pages: 1 2

done with the EXAM, awaits RESULT - tatay - ArchivalUser - 02-27-2009

hi forum members.

i sat for the exam yesterday and it was harder than i expected. here's a rundown of what happened.

- arrived at the center 30 minutes before exam time

- skipped tutorial (meaning, i didn't read anything and just pressed next) and added extra 15 minutes to my break time

- started with block 1 - it was manageable, i would rate it medium in difficulty- and then took a 5 minute break

- block 2 was the same, then took another 5 minute break

- blocks 3, 4 , and 5 were really, really hard. i even missed the last couple of questions on block 4. i also took a 5 minute break in between blocks except after block 4 where i took a 30 minute break.

i got a lot of microbiology, genetics, and behavioral science questions but i think it was pathology that was tested the most.

to all who haven't sat for the exam yet, know your FIRST AID by heart and if you haven't done USMLEWORLD, please do so. the format and the way the questions are constructed is the same with UW. again, this is very doable but you have to do your part. make sure you ask GOD for divine intervention.

GOD BLESS!

0 - ArchivalUser - 02-27-2009

Congrats on finishing! and sharing your input! Good luck for a great score!! Did you have the Fred2 format?

CONGRATS 2!
ALL THE WISHES FOR UR SCORE!

it's just like USMLEWORLD, i am not even sure if that is fred2.

thank you everyone.

Good luck ! Did you get any video question?

they are still using fred1. i finished the exam feb 26. and same w/ tatay, the 1st 2 blocks were okay, but the last ones were pretty hard. there are a lot of similar questions as in the UWorld. and i can say 60-70% are in first aid, but most needs applications & analizations first. good luck to everyone! : ) focus on HIV, CT/MRI/Patho pictures, and i'm guessing there's always one auscultation question.

thanks tatay and trinkles
trinkles - when you mean "hard" I presume that you are relating this to UW blocks?

hi
i have a confusion plzzz clearify. one friend of mine has uw qs bt it is almost 2yrs old idid n't understand that shd i buy uw online?will it diff. or it will b same?

plz help me out

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-01-2009

jam1729- no, i meant the real exam, it was hard. but comparing it to UW, i think UW is harder..

4 - ArchivalUser - 03-01-2009

dear tatay,
i wish u all the best for your score.
i have a little question to your prepation material.

do you think that FA together with UW covers the largest parts??
i know, many people say, it covers about 60%, but i am not sure if they really knew their FA by heart as you said.

thanks in advanve