USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
desparately need your help - aliz - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Step 1 (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: desparately need your help - aliz (/showthread.php?tid=391095)

desparately need your help - aliz - ArchivalUser - 03-09-2009

Hello every body,im studying for this exam 4 past 3.5 yrs...i have failed once,,and now i took the date for 31st march,,i took nbme 5 last month on 6th feb,,n got 360,,i marked the right answers for 10-12 qs then remarked them ending up in the wrong answer,the rest of nbmes i took downloaded ,,was scoring 28-33/block, i also gave UW form 1,,got 30,31,26,28 can any 1 tell me,,
WHAT TO DO? WHEN TO TAKE THE EXAM? HOW TO PASS?
I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO?HOW MANY SUBJECTS 2 READ/DAY? HOW 2 DIVIDE MY TIME
Im a fm,un-married,,no other priorities,i wasted 4 yrs of my life 4 this exam,,n im standing at the spot i started from,,CAN ANY ONE HELP ME

THANKU AND MAY GOD BLESS EACH 1 OF U ON YOUR EXAM DAY
BYE

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-10-2009

1. Do not appear to the test with those scores.
2. Plan again the strategy in how to burst your scores
3. At your point......I prefer you read 12 hours a day for 6 months, rather than 6 hours a day for 12 months, since step 1 material is very volatil.
I am going to give you a 6 week schedule that i used for my preparation but i want you to be very discipline.
I know you have all day, so lets brake the day in different subjects and lets break your study time like this.

Fist week:
Mornings: do anatomy, histology, and embriology notes
Afternoon: do anatomy, histology and embriology uw question bank
Night ..lets say after 6 pm. Do pathology...read goljan
Weekend: do mix questions about anatomy, histology, embriology and pathology
At this point do not worry so much about wich chapter of pathology, whichever is good since you have 2 or 3 readings so far)

Second week:
Mornings: do physiology notes ( is up to you go over the book, or your notes taken already)
Afternoon: start the afternoon doing 1 hour antomy, or histology or embriology. If you do this in 5 days, you have 5 complete hours of review of what you did last week.
Then
The rest of the afternoon do physiology questions
Night......after 6 pm. keep doing goljan ( read the book, listen audios, go over notes ) whatever...i want you to do pathology every day at night since pathology is kind of 50 percent or more of the test.

The weekend of the second week i want you to do this:
Saturday morning do physiology questions from uw, if find some concept that you are geting wrong, go over notes and review it.
Saturday afternoon: do pathology
Saturday night: watch a movie or go for a walk
Sunday:
mix questions anatomy, histo, embrio, physicology and pathology

Call my cellphone after the second week and i will write you here the plan for 3th and 4th week.

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-10-2009

Hi, would you be willing to share the rest of the schedule? I'm kind of in the same spot and your suggestions seem very helpful. Thanks.