USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Tomorrow is Friday the 13th, why Now? - bombaybubba - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Tomorrow is Friday the 13th, why Now? - bombaybubba (/showthread.php?tid=391804)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Tomorrow is Friday the 13th, why Now? - bombaybubba - ArchivalUser - 03-12-2009

I mean I'm not superstitious, but luck does matter...Right? The man goes over the Niagara Falls, and then swims around for 40Min's evading his would be captures/rescuers, finally the helicopter blows him over to the edge, using the wind from the turning top blade, and they take him out. How can someone go over the Niagara Falls and swim around for 40 minutes, the freezing water would kill most people already, much less the falls.

I don't think it's good that Friday the 13th is coming now, it's bad luck man, I'm not even driving now because I don't want to run over a black cat or anything like that. But I can't change the days, why it's got to come now before Monday....

I'm telling dude this is not good. I've got a bad feeling and it don't leave me alone. And I keep hearing that Bob Marley song Rat Race, I never listen to that song man, and I'm not really a Bob Marley fan, I know about the guy but I don't listen to his music, well maybe Buffalo Soldiers every once in a while, because it's catchy, but that's it. Why Friday the 13th comes out now man. I think I need the tranquilizer, I don't drink alcohol. It's not good man, this is bad timing, and I am really glad I don't have a fish in my aquarium right now.

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-12-2009

omg...

aleeab - 03/12/09 17:57

omg...

Exactly, my friend had a fish it died, he failed step 1, then he buys another one, and it dies just before the match and he had already applied to 40+ programs, and had two iv's and then all sent the rejection letter, this time he had failed the csa exam. Luck is serious is stuff, if any of you have a fish right now, I highly recommend taking very good care of it.

bombaybubba,

you are a big shit superstitious, typical of someone coming from developing country. Don't try to scare people. We are physicians and not a "sadhu baba" like you. Keep your shit with you.

sab maaya hai....

I wonder y ppl like u want to be doctors? You shud go n becum a TANTRIK. Just sit bak n watch ur ''fish n cat''. Hmmmm.....i was thinking of goin out on a drive bt all of sudden it was cloudy n started raining...guess what...i dropped d idea cuz d evil souls dint wanted me to go out...hahahaha

lungi & missioncali,

My good men's, remember what (your) good book says, judge not and ye shall not be judged....

My motivation for being a Doctor, it's not money....It's not high and holy, or anything like that, I don't constantly talk to God about it. There are a couple of foundations, that I will spend over half of my time at, and working with. The other six months or so of the year I will have to work in the USA, I have to make a living too, I personally would prefer it to be 4 rather than 6 months, of the year working in the USA.

That's (very) true, and yours?

missioncali ........JUST STFU !

IDK...u r too deep to dig fr meSmileSmile . All i am sayin is if u r workin hard nd puttin ur best effort then if FRIDAY IS ON 13TH OR A FISH DIES IN ATLANTIC OCEAN...all these things wnt stop u frm succeeding. I believe in GOD and he is not unfair to anyone who works hard. And you'l only match if u have gud credentials not cuz friday is on 13thSmileSmile Good Luck....stop thinkin n get goin

missioncali,

It's of course ok, it's a free country and you can think what you like, I spent 2005 in city called fallujah, there I developed a sense of what was lucky and unlucky, and I became aware of things that I did not understand before. Luck became very important there, and it still lingers over. Believe me when I tell you this, luck is extremely powerful. A good day at the interview, or a good day on the exam day, is potent, one of the reasons so many fail on these exams and interviews is because it was not a good day. Unfortunately for exams we have to be good enough to make it through on a bad day.... Which is very telling in itself. My room mate took step III, he is in his last year of residency, and he had a good day, it was the first time he cleared (any) usmle exam on the first try. The right kinds of questions fell into his lap, he studied the least for step III, he knows he was lucky. One can't depend on it, but when it's riding with you, an ordinary performance can be pushed up to the edge of exceptional. I always wish people luck, it's more tangible, and for me more reliable than other unearthly things.

Cheers.