USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Matched to IM with low scores! - stateless - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Matched to IM with low scores! - stateless (/showthread.php?tid=393090)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Matched to IM with low scores! - stateless - ArchivalUser - 03-16-2009

Congratulations to all who matched! Big effort is behind us and a big journey ahead of us.

I just wanted to say that I am sorry to those who did not match. I wanted to share my story for the future candidates, not to get discouraged or listen to those who will try to put them down.

step 1 78/step 2 89 (second attempt)/CS pass first attempt; 6 months of USCE, 2 US LORs, GC holder (I don't know if I am missing something)

Anyway, a lot of people told me that I hardly have a chance in FM, let alone IM and that my scores are so bad, especially compared to double 99ers. However, I didn't want to listen to that, I really was determined to get what I want. So, basically, I got a few IM interviews, then called a lot of programs which I think brought me few more interviews which otherwise I maybe wouldn't have gotten. All in all, I had a ROL of 8 programs, among which I had few uni programs and really good community programs.
One beneficial thing for me was a really good personal statement, personal story that is quite unique, but I am sure all of you have a lot of things you've been through from which you take out your strength from.

Guys, please believe in yourselves. You can do it! Good luck to everyone....

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-16-2009

Congrats on your sucess please guide us on how to make a good personal statement. My e-mail address id michealkane76

i agree completely with u stateless. me too had a similar profile like urs. many had discouraged me badly but i knew that i had more in me than just a bad step1 score of 78.

well my profile. step1 78, step2 95, step3 85, need visa with USCE and 3 US lors. i was angry at an exam mocking and challenging me that i acted madly in pursuit of this praying everyday that i dont regret this chase. theres lot of people to discourage u always.

but like u said belive in ur self and ur aspirations. i did it with a low score. there are many lik that here. sharing the story should be an inspiration for all those who been struggling with low scores or some faliure along this usmle journey. u are the master of ur destiny.

do ur part and leave the rest to GOD. He will work.

a toast to u stateless on ur success. i too matched IM.... praise to God

dr_rmn, I am so happy for you! I am glad that you didn't give up, just like me. And it makes me even happier to know that I am not alone in my struggle to get here. I know exactly what you've been through. Our credentials are similar, give or take few things.

But, of course, belief in God is the only thing that kept me sane, aside from my family. In these hard times, you just need someone/something to lean on.

Good luck in your residency, dr_rmn.......

mr_hill22, I will send you the email shortly....

oh yes family without them i would have long ago perished. good luck to u too bro. God bless

plz friends help me with your advice for next match

I am 2005grad with scores not that great

my id pattu.kuttu

congrats stateless! Even I need some help how to make a good PS. My eml img2on@yahoo.ca
Thanks.

cngrats to you....How true God helps those who help themselves! I have a bad step 1 score too. I would be grateful if u would kindly tell me how to make a good statement too. My email is drlnm786
Thanks

please friends writ to me at medgraduate

and accept congratulations from bottom of my heart.

Hey, guys....

I am glad my story inspired you. I will do my BEST to help all of you. It is who I am, especially since I matched, I feel obliged to help others succeed. Of course, there is no magical solution and it's not like I can guide you completely to writing good PS, but I can certainly try to give you good advices, not just about PS but other things too.

In any case, tnx guys for your support....