USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
did not know i had to register with nrmp AS WELL!! - drrocker3 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: did not know i had to register with nrmp AS WELL!! - drrocker3 (/showthread.php?tid=393118)

Pages: 1 2

did not know i had to register with nrmp AS WELL!! - drrocker3 - ArchivalUser - 03-16-2009

i know i must have just did the stupidest thing in my entire life..

but i thought i had done everything.

i have spent the last 2 weeks getting ready for scramble, and i just realised i have made the biggest mistake.

is there anyone out there who knows if it is at all possible to call the programs or fax them, even if u are not registered with nrmp??

i did not have my step 2 score at the time, so did not think i needed to submit a rank order, and thus never registered.

anyways no point crying over spilled milk.. what can i do now?

is it legal for me to contact programs, and is it legal for them to hire me if i am not registered with nrmp???

please help

if anyone can send me the unfilled position list tomorrow i would be extremely greatful

thanx

drrocker3

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-16-2009

sorry to hear that...
it is possible for you to contact programs outside the match i believe. you can not apply through ERAS though....you will have to call the programs and ask if you can fax your documents, also you will need to know the list of unfilled positions...

gl

thanx..

i hope someone will give me the list..

is it a complete list? or is it broken up??

i wasnt planning to use ERAS much because i was told it was slow..

Is it legal for a program to hire me if i am not registered with NRMP??

yes i believe it is legal, as these r considered out of match positions

ya i think it is legal to contact program. buddy NRMP for people like us who dont have any IVs are just to see unfilled program. this is wat i think. exactly even i dont know. u said u dont have step 2 result. do u have it now or not, i mean r u ECFMG certified or not

hi thanx guys for the replies..

yes i have all my exams (except step 3) and am waiting for my certificate..

is there anyway i can find out the legality

??

thx

its perfectly legal to contatct but NRMP gives you teh unmatched progrma list which you will have to get..

0 - ArchivalUser - 03-17-2009

i am in the same situation...didn't know we had to register with nrmp, but got all my paperwork into eras.

i called nrmp this morning...they said it is legal to just call programs and see if they have unfilled spots (the applicant and program will not be in violations), and you can use eras to send your documents to the programs. it's true you will not have the list of unmatched programs, but i'd rather call programs and see what they have available instead of just sitting around.

hi

yeah i called nrmp too this mornring and they said it is legal to contact programs.. maybe one of us could ask a kind soul at this forum to email us the list??

i mean we made an honest mistake..

what do u think dma89?

last year they posted the unfilled list in other forums (not this one)...don't know if there were consequences with that. i don't think the list is supposed to be shared if we're not registered with nrmp, but if someone does post it, but i'm sure it is shared in secret among friends.

i'm going to call peds programs that were unfilled last year and see if they have openings (some of them do have trends of not filling pre-scramble every year). taking the contact info from freida and residency place. not sure what you what to apply for drrocker3, but it doesn't hurt to call.

residency place has the a listing of 2008 pre-scramble unfilled positions:
https://www.residencyplace.com/AutoScrambler/ProgramList.aspx

good luck to those scrambling.