USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
help help help - - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Step 1 (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: help help help - (/showthread.php?tid=4183)

Pages: 1 2

help help help - - ArchivalUser - 05-23-2004

MASEEK

PLEASE CAN ANY ONE CAN TELL ME WHAT R MEDICAL CREDENTIALS?
WHAT IS A TRANSCRIPT?
WHAT IS ECFMG CERTIFICATION...?
I APPLIED FOR STEP 1..WHAT I ALL DID IS THAT I SUBMITTED MY ONLINE FORM AND THEN SENT THE CERTIFICATE STATEMNT...WITH THE CERTIFICATE STATEMNT, I SUBMITTESD 2 PHOTOCOPIES OF MEDICAL DIPLOMA AND A FEW PHOTOGRAPHS...
WHAT ELSE I SHOULD HAVE SENT?MY APPLIXCTION HAS BEEN REJECTED AND THEY DIDNT TELL ME ANY REASON...WAS I ALSO SUPPOSED TO SEND SOME TRANSCRIPT?OR ORIGINAL DIPLOMA?THEY NEVER ASKED FOR THAT....
PLZ LET ME KNOW HOW DO I HAVE TO GET REGISTERD FOR ECFMG CERTIFICATE AND CREDENTIALS?WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT I DONT KNOW ATT ALL...I'M TOO WORRIED NOW...PLZZZZ HELP ME....

0 - ArchivalUser - 05-23-2004

apls

the same thing happened to a friend of mine. He didn't fill out the application correctly....didn't put in his clerkship/internship details but still signed that the application was complete and acurate to the best of his knowledge. They reviewed his credentials, found a discrepency, and then barred him from the exam.

You better call and get this clarified.

apls

are you sure that all the info you put on your form was accurate and correct? What medical school did you go to? Maybe you should call them and tell them to contact the ecfmg so you can work things out befor they get the board of examiners involved.

4fools

maybe they did not accept your school. is it WHO listed?

apls

yeah that could very well be the problem which means that you will not be able to take the usmle or practice in the USA

What medical school did you go to?

maheen..maseek

i go to baqai medical university in pakistan karachi....
oh GOD i'm very worried...i'll call ecfmg omorrow....
but they should realize that a person can mis understand and thats why this has happened...
yes i'm sure i did provide them the right information except that i didnt write any thin in clerkship and internship column...help me....

maheen..maseek

guys plz tell me what do u mean by credentials,internship an clerckship?
i dont think there was any column in the online form which asked about credentials.......what do u mean by barred...cant your friend ever give the exam now?

apls

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, but really Maheen, you should have been more careful. The ECFMG strictly says that all info should be accurate. They will probably bar you from the exam for writting false info on your application.

If you hire a lawyer, you may get out of it, or only be temporarily barrred. I hope things work out for you. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Hey worst come to worst, you can get a research job here and do something related to medicine. If you are really fixed on being a doctor, you can go back to Pakistan. It will be okay in the end so don't worry too much.

apls

no my friend can not take the exam, but don't worry about it until you get the letter from the ecfmg.

OK MASEEK

APL...THANKS ALOTT...BUT BELIEVE ME I FEEL LIKE DYING.....