USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Regarding cancellation of appointment e prometric? - enterokinase - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Step 1 (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Regarding cancellation of appointment e prometric? - enterokinase (/showthread.php?tid=426708)

Pages: 1 2

Regarding cancellation of appointment e prometric? - enterokinase - ArchivalUser - 07-10-2009

my exam was scheduled for usmle step1 exam on 20th july but because of my family problems i will not be able to give the exam in my assigned eligibility period.

Now, should i get my appointment cancelled ?? or should i get it re-scheduled (that i think i should do if i have to appear in the exam as i m not appearing i should not go for reschduling, what should i do then?)

in case if im not going to appear in the exam and waste the fee, should i go for cancellation or re-scheduling with prometric ???

Please someone help me with this issue.I will be really THANKFUL !
God Bless Us All ! Ameen !

0 - ArchivalUser - 07-10-2009

u should postpone the exam with no fixed date; In that way u will save the $$ and it will remain as credit to your account.That's what happened to me.Ameen.

first of all cancel the date so will save the cancelation fee, then try to extend ur eligibility period if u havent done it before, they normally give u one time extension for another 3 months ,there is a fifty $ fee for extending the elegibility period.You can reschedule later once you get the new eligibility period.

hey cancel your exam at prometric and fax ecfmg that u r worried regarding swine flu,may be u wil save money and get extended eligibility period for 3 more months..do it fast.good luck

thanks for your reply guys
So i should cancel my appointment with the prometric ? Right .
This is already my extended period once . And i dont know if i cancel the exam with prometric and postpone it then how can give it without submitting new fee ? How did u do it
Fzkhanfred ?? Can u please right me in detail ? And can i get one more extended period due to swine flu thing ?
When i will cancel my exam with prometric, how i will come to know they have cancelled it ? Will they e-mail me or what ? Do ecfmg will also be informed ??
Please help in this regard i will be
Thankful . God bless us all !

please cancel the date quickly, the prometric considers only 5 business days before ur scheduled date.do not reschedule another date until ur issues r solved. meantime, its good idea to fax the prometric as well as ecfmg, now that the swine flu issue is going on here, i am sure u cud save some dollars.they have accepted many faxes regarding this and extended for the next 3 mnths without fee.u will get a mail to ur registered email from prometric centre stating tht u have cancelled. but to get next 3 mnth eligibility u have to call ecfmg ,and fax the letter accordingly, bcz they have to send u new scheduling permit.'hope this has cleared, u .
good luck

i have cancelled my appointment with prometric but they havent sent me any email or something . I m worried now. How long it takes them to email and notify ??? Are they going to notify me ?? And how i m going to re apply considering this fee wasted ?
Please reply i will be thankful .

when is the last day of ur eligibility. based on that go for a request to poseponeur exam, quoting swine flu as ur concern. they will consider u , bcz of situation. it takes officially 10 day to get a email reply from ecfmg , from prometric, i guess it should not be more than 3-4 days, confirming ur cancellation.
pl call the tel no in ecfmg site and they will advise u what to do, speak ur issue .hope this helps

0 - ArchivalUser - 08-01-2009

hi
i cancelled my appointment for 5th august today[it was well within the 5day period]...unfortunately,since today is a weekend,i couldnt call up prometric and confirm.does this mean that my scheduling is cancelled??or will i be able to retake a date again without a rescheduling fee?anybody else having the same experience?

0 - ArchivalUser - 08-01-2009

Hi tragetresidency09,
It 5 working days (not 5day period) so waiting until this Sat to cancel DOES NOT put you within the 5 working day grace period for you to be able to cancel your appointment without being charged a fee for rescheduling.

Last wed was the last day for you to change your appointment without a fee. However if you had a very valid reason for not being able to take your appointment on the 5th of August then fax supporting evidence to prometric and they MAY waive the rescheduling fee for you. An example of a valid reason could be a medical emergency that you just had and supported by a detailed doctors letter explaining why you cant take the exam by that date.

Good luck with your exam and remember not to over prolong your exam date or youd begin to forget stuff.