USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
applying for Pathology - Please gather here - peace4all - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: applying for Pathology - Please gather here - peace4all (/showthread.php?tid=429821)

0 - ArchivalUser - 09-14-2009

pathopatho: your credential?

@ need a partner :

Henry Ford is , historcially, an H-1 Sponsoror Nevertheless they seem to prefer J-1 this year
I am not sure though

@ need a partner :
The program is really good. My attending here in my home country did her residency at Wayne state next door and speaks highly of the program.

april may:
did u get an interview form U of Wisconsin?

@ amfas

Thanks for ur reply and inputs. I really appreciate. Are u interviewing with them in oct or nov?

november

0 - ArchivalUser - 09-15-2009

Dear all friends,

Congratulations on all those get interviews and best wishes to all those are waiting.

I need you guys help and hope you can give me your advice during waiting your interviews, many thanks in advance.

Finally I decided to try the match as my EB1a I-140 has just been approved, and I think I can get my green card at the end of this year.

I am a old chinese graduate, graduated in 1993---biggest disadvantage. I am contacting my chairmans in pathology in China and Japan, both of them agreed to give me their recommendation letters. Please tell me how they can upload their letters? Or do they need to send back to me?

As I just started get all the documents, please help me.

My step 1: 88, step 2: 91 waiting for CS result.

Have pathology experience in China, about three years, in Japan half year in surgical pathology and did more than 100 autopsies. Strong publications, total 19. First author paper in Nature, Cancer Cell (IF 24.5), Cell Metabolism (IF 17) , JBC and other small journals.

I want to apply academic programs, do you guys think I have a chance? My weak points: old age, low score (I could not score higher, already did my best)

Best wishes to you guys and please help me.

you could tell your professors to send their LoRs directly to ECFMG ,or they could send it to you,and you send them to ECFMG.LoRs need a cover letter which you can download from ERAS.and also you have to enclose a document submission form which you have to download from the ecfmg site,
although it is getting a bit late to apply but I think you have a good chance of matching because of your publications.
hope that helps,

Durham, I think you will impress the Academic-oriented programs, most of them are top-notch. Try Mass General , BWH or U of Chicago, etc, I heard that they really care much about your research background. From my opinion, you could have been a great faculty member in research field if you don't choose medical board. These programs will definitely realize this point as for your quality.

I got my 3rd Interview : ETSU Smile