USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
My exam experience ! - kaizer - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Step 1 (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: My exam experience ! - kaizer (/showthread.php?tid=434095)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

My exam experience ! - kaizer - ArchivalUser - 08-01-2009

Hy friends , I am back from my exam , it was very very long I thought there are just 7 blocks , but there were 8 , the 2 first blocks were easy then things got tougher the 3rd 4th 5th , the 6th , 7th and 8th was average , but at that point of the exam you get so tired even what would be the easier question in classical setting would require a huge intelectual effort to get to the correct answer in the exam , in addition the question stems are very long sometimes just one and half line but the most of time long succession of long questions one after the other , there are very easy questions to anticipate , others are very tough cannot even figure out what they are asking about,
got in the exam center at 8 and half , started as soon , took a break after every block just washed my face or eat some cereal bars , and had some water . I fortunately could sleep the day before , didnt take any medication to help sleep , the exam is 80 percent about concept , 20 percent memorization , the actual exam is doable its an intense exceptional unique experience ,
please be ready physically and mentally , the exam is very tyring ....

hope my experience would help you guys , pray for me ...

All the best

0 - ArchivalUser - 08-01-2009

Well done ........... party time now Smile

fexofenadine thanx , definitely Wink

I thought its 7 BLOCK .. but its 8 .. cool.. i didnt know dat ...thanks for sharing ur exp... Gud luk to you ... Hope u get a desireable score .. Smile

quick question, how many questions were in 1 block ... and cud u share what material u use?

hi kaizer.... thanku for sharing your experience....you did your best..hope everything turns out well..we have only 7 blocks is'nt it? how come its 8 blocks.. 8 th block must be some survey ur talking abt... pls verify..

hopefully u killed the paper ..hope u get a high 99.. did most of questions come from pathology?

thxs and best of luck for result

doctorofusmle yep 8 ! you're welcome
Kaplan lecture 2004 two reading , Qbook , Kaplan Q bank , UW bank, took some notes , UWsa1, kaplan dvds just for Pharma , BS, Pathology . Kaplan audio High yield , and of course FA I guess I went through it four times , did Goljan audio , and didnt like 100 pages High Yield , some exam experience from this forum , some exam's remembered question but got none of them ,
almost forgot NBME , I think I had just one or two like Q on my exam , but all question I had , I didnt see them anywhere , anyway the concept was the same so this is the most important ....
nothing wud prepare you to this exam , so please dont think you'll answer the question just by doing loads of Qs , STUDY RATHER YOU BASIC CONCEPTS .
thanx guys

susan09 yep there are 8 weired hun ! I didnt believe it at first I thought as you said that the 8th was kinda survey , but it wasnt the case I got 8 .I was exhausted at the end ....

hi Kaizer

did u get many cts and MRIs ,were they easy?
did u read those 100pages,r they important to read?
thanx