USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
done with step1 - scorpioindia - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Step 1 (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: done with step1 - scorpioindia (/showthread.php?tid=443082)

Pages: 1 2

done with step1 - scorpioindia - ArchivalUser - 08-31-2009

hi friends i gave step 1 yesterday. it was a good experience with mixed feelings... as all say it tests your intelligence endurance and your hidden potential its true. once you are on the fornt of the computer screeen you are just blank with no thing turning on in your mind....
i would like to share the whole incident with you...
i took some 3 months to prepare the things... i was working too for initial 1 month so the prep at that 1 months was somewhat less... in the next 2 months i was very serious and studed as much as i could... did kaplan all books, Goljan just reviewd and UW and kaplan q book... studied some 12-15 hours per day and spent a lot of time on giving exams..... for simulation... was doing some 100 que per day initially but once i was in good grip was able to complete 200-250 qu per day... in last month i just concentrated on FA and some notes from UW and NBME.. in last week in concentrated on FA only and read it thouroughlt.. in last 2 day again i read FA.. the day before exam is really critical.. i revised important points.. formulas, and high review at end of FA.. rested for 6hours the day before exam and had a good breakfast. i took light food like juice and sandwich at the center...
important thing about exam.

better to take 2 original IDs at the center because i faced a difficult to prove myself at the exam center... because my driving license had some problem with Signature and they told me to do exact signature. that was some 3 years old licence and i believe there is always some minor variation in signature asper time... then they gave me some time to simulate the signature and asked me to practice. after some effforts i got thougrh it...

exam questions:
all subjects tested..
1. patho: retina figure: retinitis pigmentosa in elderly male
EBV and relation to nasophayngeal Ca
Mycoplasma; no cell wall so Pn not acting on it
candida figure and mech of action of drug
kaposi sarcoma and HHV 8 association
artery used in Bypass: internal mammary artery
questions of clearnce
statistics que: sensitivity and specificy
behavioural science a lot many que
biochem ques: about pathways and missing links

still a long list.. will be sharing you soon...
any questiions kindly share on this forum.. or at my id guruofall

0 - ArchivalUser - 08-31-2009

all the best...

thanks for sharing your experience.
good luck.

did u take exam here in US......nowadays i m doing FA ...pls tell me if in the end i only grab FA as u did.....is it going to work enuf ...like patho physio i keep checking things with kaplan aswell with time to time but....immuno...micro....phrma....biochem......is that ok to re;y on FA only when u did kaplan previously...pls re[ly soon i m so upset

thanks for sharing....next mail awaited....

0 - ArchivalUser - 09-01-2009

hi icecold, i did exam in india. last month i concentrated on FA mainly and kept writing some points in it as i did UW and kaplan... things are dynamic but in the end you have to recollect all things and have to keep that in mind... believe me its not so easy job... biochem is really tough but i did kaplan till my last week to keep up to it... i got biochme questions mostly from FA but some from outside... just made a guess for some... immuno from FA is more than enough patho and physio too is ok.... hope i replied you accordingly...

hi scorpioindia,what abt anat q's?were they tough?kaplan n fa are enough?thanks and good luck.

Wish you best score.
Would you share more informations on Qs.
Thanks,
mycamarad

all the best...thanks 4 sharing

hey hi thanks for post..
my q - where did u take exam in india ? Mumabi ;Hydrabad or Ahmadabad? how was the centre? noisy ;cool?/ whether some exams were going on simultaneouly?plz do answer...