USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
********* PSYchiaTRY Thread---2010 Match ******** - nono - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: ********* PSYchiaTRY Thread---2010 Match ******** - nono (/showthread.php?tid=444283)

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-09-2010

psychgua FOR PSYCHIATRY

I had a question about MAYO Clinic Psychiatry. I interviewed over there in December. Do they communicate after the interview by email??
Did you guys hear anything from Program director or any body. Also do they give prematches. Kindly let me know.

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-09-2010

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-10-2010

I am an IMG, GC holder and ECFMG certificate...I have news for you..am working in a state hospital as a PSYCHIATRIST..just like any US psychiatrist....reply back tothis for more info or e mail me @valo75pet.....if you think it s a joke dont bother replying!Good luck to all!

*********** Reported Prematches.....Till Jan 10th*************

1- St Elizabeth, MA
2-UVa, Charlottesville
3-delaware
4-Bronx lebanon
5- Nassau, NY
6-Case Western Reserve University (MetroHealth) Program, Cleveland, OH
7-jamaica
8-brookdale
9-creedmoore

plz add if you any

Well, I dont know , i have been checking other forums as well and It seems that This year , they are not offering more prematches. One of the reason that i am thinking right now is that I have seen during my interviews that lots of AMG are now a days interested in psychiatry and programs want those people but they have to wait till match. What you guys think about this

things are alot tougher this year in psych.... if you guys get a prematch offer from one of the lower programs on your list.. would you take it or wait for match and risk not matching??

a psych prog is still a psych prog... im waiting on an answer from one of the psych progs i IV'ed at...

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-11-2010

Hi!

I am an IMG, looking to apply in match 2011. I am scheduled to take my step 1 in 2 weeks, but my NBMEs are not encouraging enough- predicting a 209-218. Do you think I should postpone considering your match experience so far, or am I in the safe zone? Any inputs would be appreciated. Thank you.

@Indeigal

There is not a score you can say for sure will get you into psych residency. That said, the higher the score, the better. If I were you, I would try and bring those NBME scores a notch up. when it comes to psych residency lots of things matter-- psych experience (said another way, are you really interested in psych?), USCE, Communication skills, and personal statement, they all play into the equation. Good luck with everything.

sammd - Yes, they did communicate with me after interview, they appeared very interested and have kept in touch. No, they do NOT offer Prematches! It´s Mayo Clinic!

There have been at least two programs who have offered PM this month - IOL and Elmhurst in NY. Keep hope!