USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
********* PSYchiaTRY Thread---2010 Match ******** - nono - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: ********* PSYchiaTRY Thread---2010 Match ******** - nono (/showthread.php?tid=444283)

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-13-2010

does anyone know which program is more prestigious? Harvard South Shore or Tufts Medical center? I really like the HSS program but I keep hearing AMGs make nasty comments about it. I know it had problems in the past but now it seems to be an excellent program. Any inputs?

I would go with Tufts... Maybe also because I have heard bad things about HSS, including very bad and dangerous location...

But then Harvard is Harvard...

Thanks roseart. The campus in Brockton is safe, lots of security, right off highway. Brockton itself is not safe, but you don't have to go there. Then again, the subway in boston is not the safest either Smile. I'm not worried about the location. Tufts residents seem overworked. Anyone else wants to share their opinion? Maybe if you interviewed at both places you could share what you think about them?

rad: congrat to ur gr8 ivs! Harvard sounds gr8!! i heard tuffs is a good one too! have not had iv there to say more, do u mind sharing ur credit? did u have extern in psych? how can we get extern in psych t look good for the residency. i spent lots of time on research,publications, and extern in free clinics...seems no one gives those any damn! i am wondering if God forbid have to go for next yr, wht to do to imporve?
as u may know, some ppl with scores of 80s or else have got plenty ivs and prematch...while i have decent scores, extern, publications, usce and lor and residency back home and have got none!!!dont know wht is wrong!! thankx for any advise and input.

thanks a million for ur support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUst got an interview this morning for St. Elizabeth, D.C.
any ideas abt the program guys??

who knew we could still get an interview....

psychgua -
congratulations on prematches,u are very lucky guy who has no fear of match.Have you accepted any of the prematch offer? I wish

psychgua -
congratulations on prematches,u are very lucky guy who has no fear of match.Have you accepted any of the prematch offer? ???
I wish I would have an opprtunity so that I could be over the stress of match.
Can you let me kknow if mayo clinic communiated again or you just had ine email. May I ask if it was from PD or associate PD?

THANKS

@sammd, I accepted a prematch at UVa in Charlottesville. Although the program at Mayo is wonderful, moving to Rochester was impossible for me, as my husband had 0 chance to find work there. We did look, and apparently Mayo has an office dedicated to finding jobs for your spouse.
When I got my first prematch offer, I wrote to the PDs of my top five programs to let them know, and asking where I stood with them - Mayo PD said he offered a rank to match position, since they don´t give prematches. Since then, the associate PD has emailed me three times.
I just recently signed the letter of intent for UVa, since there was some trouble with the mail (Talk about stress - a month after accepting!). In the month while waiting for the silly letter, I got three more offers, and just today I withdrew from NRMP.
PS, I am a gal, not a guy ;o)