USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
********* PSYchiaTRY Thread---2010 Match ******** - nono - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: ********* PSYchiaTRY Thread---2010 Match ******** - nono (/showthread.php?tid=444283)

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-17-2009

any one heard from umkc or kumc and area close to tulsa

Rejection from Tufts Med Center in MA :-(

Rej---univ of Utah

psych iv at univ of toledo and univ of utah

Congrats Goredskins
Wanted to ask you a few things. Can I pls have your e-mail address

Thanks.

@vikram12345 - Thank you...I feel very lucky. I don't mean to seem too secretive but I'd prefer not to give out my email address...i'm sorry! but i'm perfectly happy to answer any questions via the forum!

Never mind.
Some people prefer outside the forum...thats y i asked.

From what i know, u have cleared 2 steps and still have to give step 2 ck. is that correct?
I see that you have quite a few no of calls. Just wanted some tips as to how do I improve upon my resume to get more calls. I know US exp helps, research, pubs help but is there anything else in ur profile thats making the difference?

Thanks

@vikram12345

I've passed step1/step2CK/step2CS...i am a US citizen caribbean student so i'm still in med school. I think what has helped my application is 1) US citizenship 2) I will be a 2010 grad 3) all my clinical experience/LORs are in the US 4) I've wanted to be a psychiatrist for many years now and my resume makes that clear given my personal statement/psych research experience/abstracts/presentations. I think this is a big plus because programs know that I'm not using psych as a backup or as a way to move into another more competitive residency.

While we can't change when we graduated/scores/citizenship status, I recommend to all non-citizen IMGs to do an externship. I've seen some non-citizen IMGs get interviews at great programs because they have done an externship there. Therefore they have proven to PDs at those places that they will be good interns. Also, if I could I would take USMLE step 3 (I can't take it until i graduate, unfortunately).

overall, the name of the game is PASSION. Make your resume speak for itself. It should scream "I WANT TO BE A PSYCHIATRIST AND NOTHING ELSE!"

I hope this is helpful...I am by no means an expert. Please let me know if I can be of any other assistance.

hi any body having IV at st Luke's roosevelt NY in December and want to reschedule it in January

Dear Applicant:
The Residency Selection Committee in the Psychiatry Department at Tufts Medical Center has carefully reviewed your application. Due to an unusually large and extremely qualified applicant pool, we will be unable to grant you an invitation for an interview at this time. We are pleased and honored that you have considered Tufts Medical Center and we will keep your application on file.
We wish you great success in your Psychiatry career.
Sincerely,
Amy Szetela Muir
Residency Training Coordinator
Tufts Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry

WHAT DOES "we will keep your application on file" MEANS ?
IS IT JUST A FANCY WAY OF REJECTING OR THEY REALLY ARE TREATING ME DIFFERENTLY ?