USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
********* PSYchiaTRY Thread---2010 Match ******** - nono - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: ********* PSYchiaTRY Thread---2010 Match ******** - nono (/showthread.php?tid=444283)

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-20-2009

Dear Residency Applicant:
Thank you for your application to the MGH/McLean Residency Training Program. This year, we had over 800 applicants for our 16 positions. Given the strong interest in our program and the high qualifications of many of our applicants, we have limited ourselves to interviewing approximately 80 candidates. Unfortunately, we are unable to interview all of the exceptionally talented individuals who apply.
I regret that we are unable to offer you an interview for one of the positions. Nonetheless, we wish you the very best of luck in your continued training and career.
Sincerely,
Kathy Sanders, M.D.
Director, Residency Training
MGH/McLean Adult Psychiatry Residency Training Program
Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital
Boston, MA
www.mghmclean.org

This is to inform you that your ERAS application for a psychiatry residency position in the ECU Psychiatry Residency Program (Greenville, NC) has been reviewed by our Program Director. However, you have not been selected for an interview for a residency position in the 2010-2011 academic year.
We thank you for your interest in our Residency Program and wish you much success in your career.
Cynthia Martin

Dear Applicant,
I am sorry to inform you that you will not be invited to interview with us.This year we have received well over 100 applications for every position we have available. Unfortunately, with so many highly qualified applicants, we are unable to offer an interview to all those who have the potential to be excellent residents. Thank you for your interest and I hope you are successful in your quest for residency training.
Sincerely,
Wendy Thompson, MD
Residency Training Director
Professor of Clinical Psychiatry
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science
New York Medical College at Westchester Medical Center

We have received your application for a residency position in psychiatry at Southern Illinois University School of Medicine. As part of our application process we review all applications in detail prior to inviting candidates to interview in Springfield.
After carefully reviewing your application, we must regretfully inform you that we will not be able to extend an invitation to you to interview for our program. We would like to thank you for considering our program and for submitting an application to us for consideration

Dear Doctor,
Thank you for your interest in the Michigan State University Psychiatry Residency Program. Your application has been reviewed but I am sorry to say we will not be offering you an interview for our program. We wish you well in your pursuit of residency training.
Sincerely,
Carol York
Residency Coordinator

Sad Sad

rkg9,

What r your credentials brother ?

99,95,CS passd;residemncy in hm country;6 week obs in uS..need visa

rkg9
Your selection is a foregone conclusion if you have done a Psych resi in Home country. Its strange how they overlooked such credentials.

rkg8
Did you apply late?
Also, a lot of those programs are very competitive and not IMG friendly.
I am sure you have got nice interviews beside these rejections.