USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
********* PSYchiaTRY Thread---2010 Match ******** - nono - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: ********* PSYchiaTRY Thread---2010 Match ******** - nono (/showthread.php?tid=444283)

0 - ArchivalUser - 12-02-2009

You cannot retake your steps if you have already passed them, no matter how low the score. Unless you wait seven years, for it to lose validity, of course. Have you passed your other Steps? With what scores?
Don`t think too much about it, you can still put together a strong application.

Oops, sorry for the double post!

Dear doctor,

If you want to practice IV, please contact with me: my skype ID: drduke2007. email: drduke2007. Thanks.

0 - ArchivalUser - 12-03-2009

psychgua did u tk the premtch ?

to: goredskins,can you please tell us your iv experience in the nyc richmond center,how is the prog ?do they ask medical questions etc,i will really appreciate it,thanks

Hello guys......As everyone goes through the interview process and is hoping to get a position, I would like to mention a few things to take care of during the interviews.

1. Be honest during interviews. If someone asks you why you applied to XYZ program, dont say that my friend or someone else recommended this program. Unless you have a strong reason e.g family to stay in a particular geographical location,I would be honest and say that I was looking at the mid west/northeast and this program stuck out.The programs usually know who wants to come to their program because of geographical restrictions and why!

2. I would recommend to read a little bit about the football team or other sports of the city(or even any other aspect) that you are visiting as these are usually part of common conversation with the residents and can be helpful in showing that u are personable.Your interpersonal style and communication is usually assessed by the residents.

3. The interviewers are mainly looking at your ability to converse during the process and how fluent you are during conversation.

4. Another skill that is evaluated during psych interviews is your psychological mindedness. So it's important for one to know why they have applied to psychiatry (not just to help people).I would suggest that if you have some experience/background in psychiatry, you should have some idea of what area of psychiatry interests you the most.

Remember you only need one interview to match........

So, all the best!

psych IV University of Southern California

@ayeshaaslam

the NYMC-richmond program was very friendly. the program director, associate program director and a few other docs interview you while the five of you sit at a table. they ask very straightforward questions about your interest in psychiatry. they didn't ask anything that would make you feel uncomfortable. there are lots of didactics and the residents seemed happy! the call schedule is very reasonable and the compensation is great.

0 - ArchivalUser - 12-04-2009

Anyone interviewed at University of Mississippi? Please share your experience? I highly appreciate your help.

0 - ArchivalUser - 12-05-2009

Why this Silence people ?