USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
kababayan ka ba na magpapa-match? - jocapmd - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: kababayan ka ba na magpapa-match? - jocapmd (/showthread.php?tid=519163)

0 - ArchivalUser - 06-18-2011

@ sue02

ung friend ko applied on october, received 4 interviews sa NY, got a pre-match sa isang hospital w/c he took.... he was late in applying and his interviews were in january. He has high scores in his steps, GC holder cya, two LORs galing pinas and 1 LOR here. No USCE.... kaya puede mag-apply maski late - un nga lang suerti-suertihan na lang....

0 - ArchivalUser - 06-18-2011

@toxicmd

thanks for replying! thats encouraging! kakainis lang talaga coz delayed ang results. im going to be waiting for 7 weeks para lang lumabas ang results ng ck. sana ma swertihan. anong year of graduation ng friend mo?

0 - ArchivalUser - 06-19-2011

@ sue

my friend graduated 2008... he said that his being a GC holder was a plus for him.... ung isang nag-interview sa kanya was very informal. Ang sabi sa kanya is, "well mr so and so, u have good scores in ur steps, you're a green card holder, and u presented yourself very well. is there anything u would like to ask?" and that's it na lang daw, ganuun kaiksi ung interview nya.

ang dahilan ba kung bakit ganuun katagal ung release ng result is that they made changes sa contents ng ck?

2009 ako graduate pala

0 - ArchivalUser - 06-20-2011

@toxicmd: yup, may changes sa contents kaya delayed. i thought i would be getting my results by sept 1 kasi yung friend ko last year aug 8 ata nag exam and she got her results by 1st week of sept...

ang iksi naman ng interview! anong specialty nung friend mo? im a citizen and i have 2 US LOR kaya hopefully makatulong yun kahit late na ako mag apply. some programs would consider me an old grad tho kasi 2006 pa ako nag graduate and may 1 attempt ako sa step 1 Sad iniisip ko lang talaga ngayon if its a good idea to apply to programs on sept 1 kahit wala pang ck...

hi sue02- welcome sa forum. ako din aspirant for the 2012 match. I am also planning to take the step 3 in September.. ang concern ko din is gaano katagal ang score reporting, kasi marami nag aadvise na dapat mag apply as early as possible. pwede kaya natin ilagay na kumuha na tayo ng test then nag aantay na lang ng result? if so, saang document natin pwede i.mention yun? ang iniisip ko din is to go on with the application. marami pa rin akong kulang pero we'll see. Good luck to us.

@sue - yeah ung second person na nag-interview sa kanya eh di gaanong nagtanong. Doon cya napre-match. He didn't say yes right away kasi meron pa cyang ibang IVs sa NY. Kaya sabi ko na kunin na nya ung offer sa kanya na pre-match dahil and hirap ma-match pag IMG ka. Kaya iyon, tinanggap na ung offer sa kanya na pre-match and cancelled the remaining interviews... Sa IM cya na-pre-match and today is his first day sa work. Sueti cya, ung dalawang LORs nya is galing pilipinas plus isang LOR sa isang doctor na kakilala nya dito sa US.

mas maganda kung mag-apply ka na fully ecfmg certified para wala ng worries. Mahal pag-nag apply ka for matching, u have to pay every program na aaplyan mo. Pero, i-try mo, baka suertihin ka...

hello..what is the difference bet the eras token and myeras? kasi sa june 22 pwede na kumuha ng eras token, but nabasa ko, july1 padaw pwede magregister sa myeras....kelan pwede magstart magpadala ng mga LOR, mspe? once i get my token??tnx tnx

one more question...can i use my brother's credit card sa matching? kasi di ba me bayad per hospital na applyan...eh baka kulangin kasi ung credit limit ng card ko...tnx again

@cheila

this is from ecfmg's website:

Supporting Documents

Once you have registered using your Token at MyERAS, submit supporting documents to ERAS Support Services at ECFMG. ERAS Support Services will upload these supporting documents to the ERAS PostOffice so that they are available to the programs to which you have applied. These supporting documents include:
•Original Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
•Medical School Transcript
•Original Letters of Recommendation (LoRs)
•Photograph (upload through OASIS only)
•Postgraduate Training Authorization Letter (PTAL) or “California Letter” (if applicable)
•Fifth Pathway Certificate (if applicable)

There are different methods for submitting supporting documents, depending on the document type. Refer to the detailed pages for each document type for specific instructions. Documents submitted electronically may take up to two weeks to process. Documents submitted to ERAS Support Services via mail or courier service may take up to four weeks to process.

ERAS Support Services will also transmit your ECFMG Status Report and, if you request it, your USMLE transcript.

The following documents will be made available automatically to all programs to which you have applied: MSPE, medical school transcript, and ECFMG Status Report. Please note that MSPEs are released to programs on November 1. To make your photograph and LoRs available to the programs to which you have applied, you need to assign them to programs. Since the PTAL and Fifth Pathway Certificate, if applicable, are treated as LoRs, you need to assign them to programs. Your program selections and document assignments are posted at the ERAS PostOffice. ERAS Support Services will download your program selections and document assignments from the ERAS PostOffice on the next business day. Your USMLE transcript will be transmitted only if you request and pay for it.

---------------------------------------------------------------->
Your pursuit of a residency position involves three separate organizations:
•ERAS Support Services at ECFMG
•AAMC’s Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
•National Resident Matching Program (NRMP, or “the Match”)

It is vital that you read all websites carefully to understand the role of each organization and to understand the intricacies of resident recruitment, eligibility criteria, and what is expected of you as a prospective candidate for a residency position.

ERAS Support Services at ECFMG will issue your ERAS Token, which you must request via ECFMG’s OASIS and which will allow you to access the AAMC MyERAS website to complete your residency application. ERAS Support Services will also transmit to the ERAS PostOffice your supporting documents along with your ECFMG Status Report and, if requested, your USMLE transcript.

AAMC operates MyERAS, the website that ERAS applicants use to complete their residency application materials. Most residency programs participate in ERAS. The list of ERAS participating specialties and programs is published on the AAMC ERAS website. You must use ERAS to apply to participating programs. You cannot use ERAS to apply to programs that do not participate in ERAS; ERAS will not forward supporting documents to such programs.

ERAS Support Services at ECFMG strongly encourages you to read the AAMC publication, Roadmap to Residency: From Application to the Match and Beyond (Second Edition), which provides an overview of U.S. medical education recruitment processes.

0 - ArchivalUser - 06-21-2011

@chelsieanne02: i saw sa previous posts mo na hindi mo na pala kailangan ng visa. so your step 1, CK and CS should be OK for you to start applying on sept. 1. hindi mo kailangan ang step 3 to apply, although it does help get more interviews. dont let that be the reason for applying late, the earlier the better. as far as i know, doon sa certified application form sa eras, pwede mong ilagay na awaiting results ka for a particular step. i hope lahat tayo papalarin this matching season, pagdadasal ko tayong lahat Smile

@toxicmd: oo nga, mahal talaga mag apply Sad although i was reading the previous posts and isa sa mga nagpost dito said that he applied without step 2 and nakakuha pa sya ng interview. yung friend ko that matched this year actually suggested that i start researching which programs consider candidates for interview kahit hindi ecfmg certified. sa sept. 1 doon ako mag a-apply kahit konti lang and pag kuha ko ng results ko dadagdagan ko nalang.