USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Psychiatry 2011 - nono - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Psychiatry 2011 - nono (/showthread.php?tid=530288)

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-15-2010

That's really odd they would do that to you...

Wink I got burned too.

hey guys,i got a prematch offer from abington internal medicine today.but the thing is that my primary interest is in the field of psychiatry and i have 11 interviews in psych so far

Washington Univ,MO
Henry Ford
Univ of Missouri
Creighton Uni
Carillion Clinic
East carolina univ
Maimonides
St elizabeths, DC
Univ of Rochester
Mt sinai (elmhurst)
Harvard South Shore
I am really confused. Shud i take it?? or wait for any psych prematches?

@faith

Buddy, u applied to IM. Only those with interest in IM apply.
So just take it and leave Psych for the genuinely interested guys...

Thanks

@hilohilo
if i dint have genuine interest in psychiatry, i wouldnt have had 11 interviews in psychiatry...even after having double 99 and 90 in step 3 ,i applied in psychiatry cuz its my primary interest in it..may be u r an extremist and even after spending so many years branch of medicine,u hate it but thank god i am not that way...
talking about genuine interest, how many interviews do u have??

Hi faith_2011, congrats for the PM you got. I can understand your position. According to the list you have for psych program following programs give PM.. Maiminides, Carilion Clinic and Mt Sinai elmhurst, St Elizabeth DCand I am not sure about Henry ford. All the programs offering PM's are community programs. If you have a previous psych experience in your home country then I am sure you will not take PM from these programs and match is certainly very unpredictable. If you are genuinely interested in psych then wait for psych interviews.. GL

@faith

So ur saying u have IM as your back up plan...that makes sense.

Good luck.

@faith
U thought demonstrating genuine interest in psychiatry and having double 99 scores would not be enough for psychiatry so u applied in IM as back up...lol
How did u manage a double 99?

I have just 6 calls, didn't apply to IM as back up. Maybe I should...What da ya say?
(sorry for my sarcastic sense of humour) Wink

@hilohilo
to add to your vocabulary for future use, genuine does not mean exclusive.

if that was the case,they wudnt have med-psych program
and i managed a 99 cuz i have common sense to understand the difference between the above two words...once again genuine does not mean exclusive...u can check the dictionary for same purpose...

peace out : )

and yea.u shudnt apply for im cuz u cant survive it ,keeping in mind your genuine err exclusive interest in psychiatry..

Well buddy, u know better about ur interests...just take the prematch and leave one position open for people like me...hehe