USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Psychiatry 2011 - nono - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Psychiatry 2011 - nono (/showthread.php?tid=530288)

0 - ArchivalUser - 02-17-2011

If you need Visa than you should rank H-1 programs higher. For what its worth NSLIJ is a great program (very high reputation). Hofstra Univ. just started their Med School and NSLIJ is their Uni. Med Ctr, so that could be exciting. Just my 2 cents.

illusion, your ROL the way it is, is good.... Its UCLA man, and u be close to LA (u won't be in LA to pay more rent and have the crazy traffic).

vandepals, i was in Iowa city for med/psych. City is actually very nice. i have a friend who lives there. It's a collage town, and there are lot of things to do. and living expenses are very cheap. May I ask you why u r putting HSS all the way on the bottom? I would put it 3rd.

nadim, I guess I would go U. buffalo (H1 visa) over U. of virginia......and Ins. of living over HSS

G.L to all of us. time is going slower and slower!!!!!

Illusion54

My 2 cents

UCLA
UMDNJ
Univ Kansas
UT Houston
Creighton
Rosalind
Moorehouse
Evms

Any suggestions

WPIC
Yale
Baylor
Michigan state univ
Wright state
ECU
Nassau
Moorehouse

Thank you all Smile

@ imagination: Thanks buddy Smile We have such different opinions Smile) Creighton, Nebraska is much better program than EVMS, Charleston univ WV, , Univ of kansas, and Rosalind Franklin univ....but I don't like Omaha AT ALL Smile Probably you also considered it in ranking those programs. Thank you Smile

@ Thank you bruster Smile I think your rank list is already fine. Good luck Smile

Guys, 1080 positions in for match.
Good luck!

My ROL; Any comments /suggestions are welcome!
Mayo Clinic; Psi
University of Iowa; Med/Psi
Harvard South Shore; Psi
Medical University of South Carolina; Med/Psi
University of Connecticut Health Center; Psi
University of Texas at Houston; Psi
Kansas University Medical Center; Med/Psi
West Virginia University; Med/Psi
Hennepin Regions Program; Psi
Southern Illinois University; Psi
Mount Sinai School of Medicine- Elmhurst Program; Psi

lovinpsy: Although, there are some programs that I don´t know, i think I do agree with your ROL. Mayo vs Iowa...hmm..Mayo is great brand name and good place for biologica psych (and I think that is very interesting to you) but Iowa you will be double boarded...depends on what you think it´s best for you. I did one month rotation in Mayo, was good, I learned a lot, many people go there thinking that they will be able to help them because they are Mayo..haha. Dr. Wells is really good. ahh..i dont like mayo system about all the team interviewing the patient, even a kid. The best thing about Mayo is your fellowship opportunities, especially in neuropsych, psychosomatic, etc. Minneapolis is just one hour away.

Thanks Nadim.Truly appreciated . I thought a lot before I came up with this ROL. Now will hope for the best. Yes I like Mayo because of its fellowship options; the name; very nice faculties; tonns of research opportunities; n the hospital itself is like a heaven.

Hey Everyone,

I am just doing my ROL and the only thing i seem to be sure of is my forst two choices!!! The rest of it is a confusing muddle. Hence, I would be grateful if someone could help me with it. Hese is my ROL from Number 3 onwards:

3.SIU SOM & Affil Hosps-IL,Springfield, IL -Medicine Psychiatry
4.U Massachusetts Med School-Psychiatry
5 University of Virginia,Charlottsville, VA- Psychiatry
6.U Texas Med Sch-Houston, Houston, TX-Psychiatry
7.U New Mexico , Albuquerque, NM-Psychiatry
8.Hershey Med Ctr/Penn State-PA -Psychiatry
9.St Francis Hosp-Evanston-IL-Internal Medicine
10.University of Toledo-OH -Psychiatry
11.Maimonides Med Ctr, Brooklyn, NY-Psychiatry
12.St Elizabeths Med Ctr, Boston, MA-Psychiatry
13.U Oklahoma COM-OK City,OK-Internal Medicine
14.Harbor Hospital Ctr, Baltimore,MD-Internal Medicine

Please feel free to change the order. A line on why you made the change would be brilliant but even a simple change is appreciated. Thank you in advance!