USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Psychiatry 2011 - nono - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Psychiatry 2011 - nono (/showthread.php?tid=530288)

0 - ArchivalUser - 02-21-2011

Please rank these programs for me they are not in order which I am planning.
Harlem, Shrevenport, Meharry, Saint Mary Mercey Lvonia, MI, Nassau, NY, KUMC Wichita, Kansas,

courage2011-anybody replied to your emails (regarding thank you or ROL)?

of course there are non-black IMG's in those historically black programs, but that isn't the point..

the point is what it might mean for the rest of your career if you go to a historically black program, which pretty much only admits ethnic/racial minorities...people might assume you were not competitive enough to get into a residency without needing affirmative action...this might affect fellowship opportunities, job opportunities...just because of the perception that you couldn't get in anywhere else but a minority-oriented program...
But hey, if you don't mind those perceptions by others, i'm sure the historically-black programs themselves are good.

Creighton, Nebraska vs St. Elizabet Boston?? Sad any comment? Smile

Hi everyone,
I am so confused between the 2 programs. Which one should i rank higher:
SUNY Downstate or Virginia Commonwealth University?

illusion54: I would rank creighton university higher. It is a university program with a great schedule. Residents are happy at Creighton.

illusion54: Also, the ancillary staff at Creighton is great. The attendings treat the residents with respect

what do u think guys about St elezebeth,Horward,DC, Meharry,TN,Albany,NY .how u rank them/
as well as Lubbock>Gelveston>Witchita>charleston>drexel>umdnj>hennepin>UND
COMMENTS AND SINCERE ADVISE PLZ REFARDING ABOUT ALL PROGRAMS.

Thank you so much captainjackson Smile

You're right. I think I asked a silly query in the first place...but you might have guessed I prefer to live in Boston with smaller program than living in Omaha with a good program...I'm also gonna rank EVMS higher than UMDNJ, coz I can't imagine living in Newark...in first 2 years of residency we would be very busy and I can't deceive myself thinking I'm gonna have great times in NY/NJ...

It's hard...I wish everybody match in his/her first choice program Smile

Thanks buddy and sorry I don't know those 2 programs and have no idea about them Smile

Hey Guys,

One last q, Please!!!

1.UMass Vs. Uva
2.UT Houston Vs U Toledo.

Nadi ,Bruster, Please pitch in, Guys!! I'm getting a bit desperate

tmd, u r comparing wrong programs,, they arent comparable at all.
U Mass is the best in ur list
also UT huston is way better than Toledo..and also Toledo is a hell boring place.

U Mass
UT
UVA
Toledo