USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Psychiatry 2011 - nono - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Psychiatry 2011 - nono (/showthread.php?tid=530288)

0 - ArchivalUser - 09-27-2010

Any IV/rejection today?...Nothin is happening at my side!

No IV /rejection today till nw

Hi!

I just received an invitation from Harvard South Shore, they have ivs on mondays and tuesday and a dinner on monday to meet with the residents. What do you think it would be better, to schedule the interview on monday and have the dinner or meeting with the residents after, or to schedule my iv on tuesday and have the dinner a day before.

1. It has the advantage that if you have any question left after ivs you can ask the residents or 2. Maybe you can get an idea of what is going to happen the next day, and you will meet the people before the iv.

Please give me some comments. bye!

What f---k is wrong.I have one year us psych experience and 4 month IM research Experience and currently volunteering in mental health Inst. for few hours a week.my scores are 81,77,76 all in one attempt.Got Green Card.Grad of 2000,so donot know what to do to get iv IN PSYCH

ramlul; you have good credentials and I think you will get many ivs, they are not giving too many ivs at the moment, and the ones probably they are starting with the higher usmle scores, but after looking your long experience, research, they would just invite you. I read somewhere that the peak months for old graduates is 1-2 weeks of octuber. just be patient! GL

Hi guys.Got rej from palmetto today morning.GL

Hi everyone,

first time on this forum. I too got my first IV call today from Harvard South SHore. Hey Nadimgpsych, I am in line with you. Let me know how and what you plan to do about it. My brand new experience with psychiatry it is.I have no USCE and no US LoRs. I am an IMG requiring visa. My scores are 234/98, 230/93 and 204/84. I have done a residency in my home country but it does not count here in US. I am a 2005 grad. Kindly let me know the strategy to make it!

Thanks and good luck to u all...

@nadimgpsych
Congratulation, Could you please tell us your credentials one more time?
Thanks

@pharmacdoc

I might need to ask you the strategy to get residency in the home country, the way things are going on here...lol
Once you get these kinda scores, it is only a matter of time before u get into residency.

HI! pharmacdoc!! Where are you from?? What kind of residency did you do in your homecountry? psychiatry? you can add me to skype, my id is athenea3000(gmail.com)
I hope to talk to you there! Byee!