USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
99\99\failed - anjali3344 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: 99\99\failed - anjali3344 (/showthread.php?tid=58929)

Pages: 1 2 3

99\99\failed - anjali3344 - ArchivalUser - 10-22-2005

hi every body
I failed in cs(oasis updated yesterday) ................applied in 60 programs of IM on 2nd sep ...................didn't get any calls .......can any one tell me, can I expect calls ...............match in 2006

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-22-2005

I can't believe it. I just tried to apply for 1 program to see if ECFMG scanned my documents and 3 days later I got a email for interview.

this is what i have been conveying.pls the perfect 99 is not that perfect after all as clincal skill are very diff from knowlegde.life out there as a resident is very challenging.so those who have been studying crazy like book worms need to change their attitudes from scores to being good experinced docs by way of working hard during ur clinical rotations.

i think its too late,the c.s slots are full till jan.so better luck come back with step-3 scores next year.or try ur luck in postmatch.

yes you can still expect for the call,, but at the same time apply for the cs.
,, But if you had applied on 2nd sept.... even without the cs result,, with your credentials you should have got half a dozen of interview,,, anyway GL ,, there's still time.

Hi anjali3344

can you contact me at fredludvik. I think we can help each other

fred

To anjali3344: Don't worry man. Even if the slots for CS are closed, every so often, somebody decides to cancel/postpone. So watch the CS calendar as often as you can and be ready to take it again anytime.
To Crazydocs: You are rude and insensitive... There are many possible reasons as to why someone may fail the CS. It does not mean that they are not "good experienced docs." Seriously, we should just be happy for the guy/girl that he/she got 99 for Steps 1 and 2. As it is, we are all nervous and second guess ourselves without someone else bringing us down.

To crazydocs: You should be ashamed of yourself!

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-23-2005

DO apply for CS!! Progs would and could certainly give calls regardless of that. There's still alot of time left. Don't let your awesome scores go to waste! Best of luck

Agree with Papasmurf,
I also got 99/99, but failed only Spoken English Proficiency in CS this Aug, that just means English is not my mother language. Does not mean I am a book worm or not experienced. I am internal medicine board certified and work hard in ER in my country. So I can say at least I am better than Crazydocs.
I reapplyed for CS on Oct 2nd, and finally changed to a CS space in LA this Nov 9th. So just apply CS again and then you will find some space before Dec. Just check OASIS everyday around 12:00 midnight to reschedule.

you have to reapply as soon as you can.Dont let this failure wear you down, you can always spring back and be the good doctor that you're.Failing cs does not mean that you're a bad doctor.its a very subjective exam and has it's own short comings.you have to be able to play to the mind and heart of the sps and that will certainly grant you a passing score.I have passed my cs but i think in the real sense of it, you cant effectively clerk a patient and do all those crazy things under 15 mins.Personally i prefer spending quality time with patients and that pays off, but rushing through a case in 15 mins does not make sense to me.
My last word is that you have to look for money and reapply and i am very certain that you wil make it.work on your weaknesses and good luck.