USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
275/99 :) - littlebuddha - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Step 2 CK (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: 275/99 :) - littlebuddha (/showthread.php?tid=589369)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

275/99 :) - littlebuddha - ArchivalUser - 06-02-2011

Hi everyone. Got my results yesterday. I am so lucky to have a great score of 275. Thank you all friends for your support. Here is a short description of my preparation and the exam:
Preparation:
total duration - three months
Books- Kaplan medicine, Pediatrics, Gyne-obs, Psychiatry, surgery -- three times
MTB-2 medicine part- once.
questions - UW- once, NBME, Kaplan Q book- almost half
simulation: UWSA- scored 267/780 , Fred-2 : 91 %

The exam:
I was scared about the length of the questions and that some difficult topics might pop up. and to add to that it seemed as if I would have diarrhoea... but luckily for me I could finish it in time and the questions were of average length ( almost like the second block of fred 2 simulation)
Some high yield topics that can be easily missed
Musculoskeletal complaints
Ventilator settings and related problems
syncope

Will be glad to answer any queries.

0 - ArchivalUser - 06-02-2011

cograts ,thats really awsome.
want to about fred 2,are qs are same as ck exam in terms of difficulty level?

WOW....GREAT SCORE....JUST 1MONTH TO DO THE EXAM?ANY ADVICE?HVE DONE KAPLAN,MTB,UW.IS THE EXAM MORE LIKE UWORLD?AM HAPPY FOR U

@doublebubble : The difficulty level and the the length of the questions was almost the same as the second block of the fred 2. I found its first and third block relatively easier than real exam.

1st of all congratulations for a phenomenal score !! 275 !! WOW !!

My exam is tomorrow!

Can u tell, me when u said musculoskeletal, do u mean the knee injuries stuff like MCL,LCL, or the rheumatology stuff ? or rather Ortho stuff like Fractures and all..? Im weak in that area, ur input will be valuable!

How many NBMEs did u do & What were ur NBME scores ? What according to u correlated most with ur score ?

Gudluk for step3 !!

@drchi : UW covers most of the important topics. so It is very much useful. It will be great if you can revise the important sections quickly. eg questions of DVT/PE, trauma etc. Do timed exams if possible and practice to be quick. this way you won't miss the relatively long looking but simple questions.
best of luck for your exams

@drintx : good luck for your exam. Of course rheumato is high yield but I meant the injury stuff that was a problem area for me too. did offline NBMEs-- could answer approx 85 -90% .

Fantabulous ;-)
congratulations SUCH A GREAT SCORE ...
WISH YOU BRIGHT FUTURE AND GREAT LIFE AHEAD ..
I HAVE SEEN FIRST OF SUCH BRILLIANT SCORE ..WELL DONE ..JUST AWESOME ..

@sheeom: Thank you and best wishes to you too..

wow... is this score real..?? Where are you from Dude...?? I mean which part of the globe..?? Can you tell me what all you read during the last 7-10 days of your preparation..? and how did you calm yourself..? thanks..!!