USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Questions About "PTAL" - matchh2012 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Questions About "PTAL" - matchh2012 (/showthread.php?tid=590407)

Pages: 1 2

Questions About "PTAL" - matchh2012 - ArchivalUser - 06-06-2011

1) How long does it take to get the PTAL

2) Can you apply to California progs if your PTAL is still in progress.

3) DO you submit L2, L5 forms with your application or the med school needs to send them directly to the board.

Any help would be appreciated. thankyou

0 - ArchivalUser - 06-06-2011

also does anyone have a list of IMG friendly prog in California

1)it varies mostly 2-6months
2)yes you can ,but will send you ivs if not completed.
3)yes your school should send it.

thanx momydoc...i didnt get the answer to the second one...r u trying to say that you can apply but you wont get any iv's until its complete...

so for e.g if i apply today and i dont get it till sept-oct i wont get any iv calls from california progs...???

thx again....good luck

R u a medical graduate from pakistan?

@csdoc456...does it matter..?

I am from India currently living in US, and as ck2011 mentioned does it matter where you are from ? Is there any difference in the application process for people from different countries who are IMG's ?

Also csdoc456 do you have or have you ever applied for a PTAL ?

@matchh2012
Yes you get interviews but you don't get ranked untill you get it. If you do not yet have your PTAL, you need to let programs in California know that you are working to obtain one. To do this, list the letter as one of your LoRs and submit a temporary document, such as the receipt issued by the Medical Board of California or the “Originals Returned” letter that accompanied your returned originals, with a completed DSF. When you receive the final PTAL, send a copy to ERAS Support Services at ECFMG with a completed DSF requesting that it replace the temporary document. List “California Letter” only once in MyERAS. Do not create a second letter entry for your final letter. There should be only one slot designated for the “California Letter.” Regarding the California IMG friendly programs list I advice you to get them from the applicantguide website which is the only source of lists based on feedback from people were interviewing in the previous matches.

Confucius thanks a lot for the help. Really appreciate it

I just asked because I m having some problems regarding family medicine rotation, I m frm PK so I thought u might have some information.