USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
I TOOK my EXAM YESTERDAY - moemoe1 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Step 1 (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: I TOOK my EXAM YESTERDAY - moemoe1 (/showthread.php?tid=597225)

Pages: 1 2 3

I TOOK my EXAM YESTERDAY - moemoe1 - ArchivalUser - 07-06-2011

hey guys

I just took my Exam yesterday , i've been following this forum for a while , and i think i owe it to u guys to tell u about my EXperience and answer ur questions , (not about the contents ofcourse ) but in General

I had to fly to another country to do the exam , stayed in a hotel for 1 night , and woke up the next morning to the center , everything that could go wrong ...did !

I couldnt sleep , woke up mulitple times at night , i dont know if its anxiety or its coz its a hotel and not my own bed
My mistake didnt have my morning coffe with me , and i had to wake up really, the hotel room service wasnt open ....had to take my coffe right b4 the exam , didnt really kick in in the first block .....i felt it was horrible ,,,,

My mind wasnt clear in the first 2 blocks , i had this annoying headache , take some tynalol with u or something

No matter how ur stomach is like in the morning ,,,,EAT something

To clearify somethings i've been told and didnt appear to be true ,

The break time , is 45 minutes , if u skip the tutorial , its added in ur break time

if u finish a block early , also the time u have left is also added to ur break time

The exam wasnt easy , its Like NBMEs , so if u r having difficulties with NBMEs , dont go in untill u r comfortable the NBMEs

Some of the questions were really long , History , Lab values , u had to scroll down to see the ans , and some are one liners

but they all follow the same concept , do u know the answer ? yes or no , if not ...just move on .....no time to rationlize , the time was really designed for u to read the question .....pick an answer and move on

Didnt run out of time in any block , but didnt really have time to check marked questions , may be 1 or 2 Max

the exam is doable , i think the key is to have a clear mind . REALLY clear ur mind , think of it just another day , Ofcourse its harder to do than say ....but thats wht i tried to do after i got screwed in the first 2 blocks

when looking at a questions , Just take a moment and ask urself , wht r they testing , are they testing a concept , or knowledge of a disease , or the ability to associate this Drug side effect , or Disease with other diseases.........etc

Good luck to all of u guys ,,.....

Especially Sarim , Mayriam ,,,drona99 who was very helpful to me , but disappeared lately , and to all active fom members

Will share my scores when i get them ....

0 - ArchivalUser - 07-06-2011

thanks and wish u all the best for your result.

How was the micro??
U had screwing biostats questions??

99 - ArchivalUser - 07-06-2011

Congrats with getting over with the exam!! Smile and thanks for the useful insight as well

were there a lot of Anatomy/Neuroanatomy questions?

Anatomy , yes there was Normal anatomy more than expected actually

Neuro , less than expected !!

Anatomy was my weakest subject , focused more on biochem , immuno , and pharma and patho ,,,,,,

MOlecular bio was tuff , really tuff ,,,,thoguh i averaged in UW biochem around 76 , the questions in the exam in Mloecular were hard ..some were undoable ,,,,didnt recognize the answers Sad

in the statics , wasnt difficult , but was time consuming , the ans choices were confusing ....

Micro in my exam wasnt a big chunk really , i was worried about micro , but wasnt out of this world questions ,,,...straight forward

And expect this to happen , u read a question ,,,and u say YES , i know this for sure ,,, u scroll down for the ans choices , and the ans u r looking for is not there !!!!!

they r trying to elimnate buzz words or key words ,,,

anatomy you had diagrams?? CTs?
usually ppl have nerve injuries, u had anything except that? do we need to go beyond kaplan??

the usual Nbme questions ,

But coz it was a weak point for me , i expected less to be honest ... may be thats why i felt there were alot

if u had to choose to go beyond kapaln in something , would advice molecular biochem ..

0 - ArchivalUser - 07-07-2011

Congratulations!
My best wishes for your next step Smile

0 - ArchivalUser - 07-07-2011

thanks for sharing Smile

regarding molecular bio tough Qs , are they on Diagnostic Techniques, Gene research Experiments on mouse, Gene therapy etc ......i mean what part of molecular bio needs lil more reads than whats given in kaplan ?

Thanks and wish u a great score.