USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Psychiatry Rejection & Interview thread - examusmle - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Psychiatry Rejection & Interview thread - examusmle (/showthread.php?tid=611214)

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-22-2011

Where did you get the rejection from today

Guys any idea abt psych IV?
Plz help me, wht they ask in psych? any IV pattern?
I knw each prgm ask different things but any general idea will b greatly appreciated.

@stepguru,

Univ. Of Tennessee is a good program. P.D is a very down to earth person who shares good rapport with all the residents. RC and P.D seemed to be protective of residents; PGY 1 is on call free. Interview questions were not difficult except for one interviewer. The program has a VA system. So they expect you to have some exposure to it or be able to adapt to that system, which can be challenging sometimes because of veteran patient population who r mostly unhappy. Weak areas : No much research opportunities, crime rates are relatively high in Memphis, compared to other surrounding areas.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

@csdoc456,

In General, u might have 5 hrs or whole day interview anywhere from 3 to maximum 6 interviewers.

Routine questions:

, 'Tell me about yourself,
Why do u want to do Psychiatry
why our program
what specific things r u looking in our program
what r ur strengths and weaknesses
how do u cope with stress
Tell me about an interesting /challenging case
What makes someone a good psychiatrist

And finally .....
Do u have any questions!

@ examusmle thank you very much.
Any idea abt evms IV?

I will have an IV at UT Houston in two weeks. They required some documents to bring to the education office including “medical school clerkship—must show clock hours for each specialty”. But I do not have it right now. Is it a problem? is there anyone who had the experience for it? thanks.

@csdoc,
Sorry I don't have any information on East Virginia interview

np examusmle.

Hey all!

I am a silent observer and I must say this is an amazing support group!!
Can anyone comment as to whether we can expect more interviews? I know no one can say for sure but past experiences can help. I have three calls for which I am thankful but until you match I guess I ll stressed.
Also can reply from PDs be taken as a positive sign if they say they have good evaluations from interviewers or is it generic?

Any one who had IVs at Buffalo and Wayne state received any response to your thank you letters?