USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Psychiatry Rejection & Interview thread - examusmle - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Psychiatry Rejection & Interview thread - examusmle (/showthread.php?tid=611214)

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-29-2011

@ tmt
Congrats for the interview. I have an interview offer from the same place.
u can write to me at contacts04

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-29-2011

Anyone interviewing @ wright state psych?

0 - ArchivalUser - 11-30-2011

Thank you very much for your interest in a PGY-1 position in our residency training program. I apologize for not having been able to respond to your inquiries sooner; we have had a very high volume of applications this year (>800) and it has taken our Residency Office and Admissions Committee some time to review them all and ensure that institutional and departmental set criteria has been met.

I regret to inform you that we will not be able to offer you an interview this year, for the upcoming 2012 Match.

I do wish you the best in your search for a residency position.

Regards,

John Urbach, M.D.
Director of Residency Education
Department of Psychiatry
Virginia Commonwealth University

After getting fed up I called about 30 programs this morning. This is what they said-

70 % - I left a voicemail.

25 % - we are still reviewing and will let you know.

5 %- sorry, all our interview slots have been filled- U of Kansas ( wichita), U of Buffalo.

So there you go, you guys gotta wait till the middle of January and try and get a prematch until then.

And yes, Temple and Suny upstate said that my application was waitlisted in case of any cancellations.

Moral of the story, please do not fail CS and please apply on Sep 1. With my double 99 and 4 uslor's, all I have is 5 I/Vs. My ego has been shattered and my pride in the dumpster !

Thank you very much.

@ednorton
Be positive and concentrate on your interviews. Make sure you review your entire application and PS. Find out as much as you can based on your website, so you will have questions for them. Be enthusiastic and friendly. You may not feel great after the first interview, but with each interview, your interviewing skills will improve. GL

@ BELLE,

Thank you very much.( And I do not mean that sarcastically like my above post, LOL )

Anyone interviewed at Georgia Health Sciences University Program?? Plwase provide feed back

@ hopeful81
Thank you so much for your information.It was really helpful. This is my first psych IV.So am little nervous. Do they ask any medical questions or any question related to psych?? When I visited their site I couldn't find much information about residents and the program. What are the things they usually look in IV . I don't have psych experienceSad Do you happen to have any more info about why inpatient was shut down. or do u know any site where I can get more info??Thank you

Anyone else who knows about the program pls help