USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Psychiatry Rejection & Interview thread - examusmle - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Psychiatry Rejection & Interview thread - examusmle (/showthread.php?tid=611214)

0 - ArchivalUser - 09-12-2011

Getting ready to 5 days of checking inbox..then rechecking it every 20-30 minutes or so..then refreshing...Getting disappointed..Man (And women alike..) ...this is crazy..

@morris81
yeeeah thats right but try to enjoy Smile

Thank you for your interest in our program. Unfortunately, your application
will not be approved for interview at the Department of Psychiatry,
University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas.

Rejection from University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas.
Got the same message as znmd2012.

I am glad atleast something started coming in. My inbox has been empty so far. Hope I get some acceptance mail too. All the best everyone.

@zahr84

Some movement in the woods....guess the pray is nearby...LOL..Sorry to hear that you started with a rejection. But at least you got started...So congrats.

Hello everyone.
I was just sitting on computer in library and remembered that match season has started again.
so --
I was there last time. i know what it is to go through all this . so just wanted to wish all of u very good luck. some of u must be having very good credentials and so mediocer. I wish all will get iv. and just remember that if u get iv then do not be discouraged by other's very high credentials . on the iv day , remember all of u are equal. there must be something in your cv and that is why you are invited. just be confident. and do not fake your interest. it is not that psychiatrist can read people's mind. it is a simple fact the people out there have iv so many candidates that they know how to judge most of the times. just be honest. i had no background in psy from home country and my only experience was the work i did in research here in usa. all i wanted was a residency position and i didn't care which one. i was honest and that added to the confidence on the iv day and i prematched. and i am a very very old graduate.
if i can do it , u all can do it too.
just keep your fingers crossed and believe.
good luck to alll.

Alas...Something in my inbox..a rejection..

Thank you for your interest in our program. Unfortunately, your application will not be approved for interview at the Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas.

same rejection, hurts

@morris81
Same here in my inbox.Rejection from Galveston,Texas.
By the way plz share ur credential if u dont mind.
Thanks

Poor credenials..98,99,cs second attempt, NO USCE, NO US LORS, YOG 2004