USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Psychiatry Rejection & Interview thread - examusmle - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Psychiatry Rejection & Interview thread - examusmle (/showthread.php?tid=611214)

0 - ArchivalUser - 02-15-2012

any1 iv at uni. of mississippi med ctr? i thought it was average prgm---and the location is not safe....pardoned criminals on the streets!

@windingriver

Well I IVd there.. and I sincerely dont think the program was just average. I wonder if you magaed to meet all the good faculty or not. my IV there was 6 diferent people, very very methodical and the only IV where I was asked some psy related questions and about MSE. I think their academics are good and well organized. if a department can have a CR who has been nominated for best residents award (with only 3 others through out the country) then it cannot possibly be bad. The program has some disadvantages, but location safety does not seem to be one of them. Any way, if you wish you can always check out neighbourhood.com

@morris81

thanks for your perspective. maybe i'll give it some more thought. but i noticed on last year's list of unfilled programs that it only filled 3 of its 6 spots...i'm curious to know ur thoughts abt that? if it's as great as u say it is, then it shouldn't have any problem filling its spots...

Hi

Has anyone heard from Hennepin Psychiatry? They sent me a thank you letter same day of the interview also they sent another e-mail yesterday.

I did hear from them....and one more time a few weeks earlier. What was the content?The new hospital?

@suzidilara: what did they say in the e-mail u got yesterday?

@ redguy: were they generic e-mails or personal? did they say anything besides the new hospital?

i haven't heard from them since my iv...got the same generic "thank you" note from PD day after iv

they wrote about new hospitalSmile
so i think they are trying to be on the safe sideSmile

one more question;
Do you think that Psychiatry programs in Dallas are Img friendly?
What about JPS Psychiatry at Forth Worth?

@windingriver

Well the data you checked is for MAIN RESIDENCY MATCH and does not reflect Pre matched positions, to the best of my knowledge. What is worrysome about the data though, is that even the last 3 positions in main match went to IMGs, that means it is 100% IMG program (Since pre-Matches can be offered only to IMGs) and that can be reflective of some variables considered important by AMGs, like location in particular.
Please let me know what you think about it.

@ windingriver

Sorry for wrong info...On recheking yes..they have not filled 3 of their positions last year. Yes.. that is worrysome. For all the years before that they have filled in all the positions. Thanks for bringing this to my notice...