USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Psychiatry Rejection & Interview thread - examusmle - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Psychiatry Rejection & Interview thread - examusmle (/showthread.php?tid=611214)

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-19-2011

I got 4 IVs so far:

1. Elmhurst -NY
2. Albert Einstein- PA,
3. Univ of TN and
4. Columbia/NYSPI -Columbia campus, (I got this invite last wednesday)

But couldn't accept the Columbia one, since they were asking if I would want to consider for 2013 match but for PGY-2 position directly.

Rejections so far:

1. Bergen medical centre -NJ (For some wierd reasons, they sent rej letter twice!)
2. Univ. of Massachussetts
3. Univ. of Rochester
4.Texa A&M college
5. Univ of Boston (BUSM)
6. Eastern Virginia Medical school
7. Univ. of Louseville
8.South Illionois Univ of Medicine
9. Seton Hall Univ

Notification: From Tufts Medical centre, saying that they are still reviewing the application!

Examusmle, I want to discuss on ivs, are you available? let me know pls. Thanks.

@examusmle
Columbia sent out a form weeks ago regarding if an applicant still wanted to be considered for a PGY-2 spot for July 2013. I declined but asked to remain in consideration for a PGY-1 spot for July 2012. I just got the invite for the PGY-1 spot today. I think you should write back to Columbia and ask them to consider you for a PGY-1 spot instead. Honestly, you would prefer Elmhurst over Columbia.

my scores are avg.not very high but not very low. good research(psych) and clinical experience in psych.
examusmle do u hav experience in psych?

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-20-2011

Hi,
Folks who got IV from Columbia, please share ur credentilas.
Cingratulations.

Any one interested to discuss psych, leave their email address.So as to be able to say the psychiatric facts during interviews if asked.Many of us know the facts, but when it comes to describe the same things, we loose the words.
GL

@rahulr,

What is your email address?

@belleandsebastian

Congratulations!
Yeah, you are right. Columbia sent out a form asking if I wish to be considered for PGY-2 position, but they also told me to withdraw my application, if I didn't! So I withdrew my application but in the same form I also mentioned my interest to be considered for PGY-1 position. May be I should send them a separate email as well, as per your suggestion. Thanks for that.

@dreamland & abc1234567,
When I started this thread, I also posted my credentials (please see above), but to add couple of more information to that, I have now finished CK (waiting for my results) and have done psychiatry residency in U.K.

@examusmle
Nice to see you back...how was your exam? And which columbia prgram you all are discussing?

@morris81,

Thanks. Exam was overwhelming, as usual.. but except that this time, they grilled us more with
research abstracts and drug ad questions...!

It is about Columbia/NYSPI-Columbia campus that we were discussing..

Anyways, I got one more rejection from Nebraska today.

Do you (or anyone else) know until when we can expect the programs to send out the interviews?
I mean is there a set time limit/last date as to when they will stop sending out interviews?

@examusmle

Dont worry..results will be stellar..as usual.

About the deadline for the programs..it appears to be till the day before they stop IVing..I know of a friend who had an interview against cancellation on the last day and matched at the same place... I think it is important to start calling PCs for interviews against cancellations in late December/ 2nd week Jan.
So hope is alive till it is really really over, i.e. when no more programs that you applied to are interviewing any longer.