USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
help me please - - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Step 2 CK (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: help me please - (/showthread.php?tid=6399)

Pages: 1 2

help me please - - ArchivalUser - 07-30-2003

seema

i studied day and night yet i failed can anyone advice

0 - ArchivalUser - 07-30-2003

tb

do the questions and answer well before taking the exam
again will help....i think it is better to prepare longer and that's what i am doing....

0 - ArchivalUser - 07-31-2003

Megalocephalus

what did u read? let me know the details and maybe we can make a plan on how to tackle the issue further. don't lose hope.

0 - ArchivalUser - 07-31-2003

db

Eating Almonds in the morning after peeling off their skin, have been known to stimulate the mind. Try that.

0 - ArchivalUser - 08-01-2003

amar - hiamar_2000

..hey trick is not to study hard and long..but to study focused and develop the kinda mindset that is expected for these Qs..
there is not a whole lot to read actually ..if u are talking about step 2..but there are certainly some high yeild things ..which you got to study and know..its all typical qs..
so focus and start afresh..

seema

i studied kaplan,q bank,blueprints, mock exam ,
usmlesecrets,crush the boards,nothing helped
please help me
seema

ann

Dear Dr hiamar,
please let me know the topics i should focus onfor step2
i am extremely worried .please help
seema

VM

Hi Seema
u have read all the right things....are you comfortable with the kaplan notes? according to me the kaplan notes with qbook, qbank and crush the boards is enough to get a good score. try focussing less on the material and more on the questions. unfortunately the actual exam is tougher than the qbank. the target should be to get about 75-80%questions right on the qbank. please write again if u need more help.
take care.

0 - ArchivalUser - 08-17-2003

Y.K. - fahdyar@sat.net.pk

Hi VM,
Iam a 4th year medical student and have 1 and a half yr. of med.
school left.
what do u suggest as to take the Step2 say aboud 3-4months a
after i graduate or to 1st sit for the step1 after i gaduate
and then go for step2.
please let me know ASAP.
thankyou
regards,
Y.K.

0 - ArchivalUser - 08-24-2003

mm

simbly know what does they want in the exam and how to know it (like what is the first tool od diagnosis and what it is the second? what is the first thing in management and what is the second? stuff like is this disease autosomal recessive of x linked ? ) beside continue to repeat what you studied in your head ( even if you are not facing the book ...it is not abnormal to rush from the bathroom to your books to review an important isssue you found yourself forgeting while you was reviewing under shower !! yes it is true and not a joke. what they ask us to do is to live, breath and sleep with our study !!) of course solve questions while you are studing from time to time you solve an exam from this or that source (like kaplan q bank or nms ) so you are always live with the test atmosphere) and never feel satisfied (we forget easly over and over than we immagine so repeat and repeat then repeat again may be the only way for us to crush this test and the otehrs) and Good luck bud (to all of us !!) one last advice never despair and never lead this exam to crush you ... you beat it with knocking out .