USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Frustrated, Advice pls - img133 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Frustrated, Advice pls - img133 (/showthread.php?tid=653234)

Pages: 1 2

Frustrated, Advice pls - img133 - ArchivalUser - 02-09-2012

Old IMG 1998 , Step 1 222 , step 2 251, cs 2nd attempt, 5 months observership, No residency training at home, GC holder. Done wz only 2 im interviews. No hope of matching. What can I do next ?

0 - ArchivalUser - 02-09-2012

Hi Img 133, I am not in residency anymore. I am working as a Hospitalist, having completed my IM residency training in NY. It is tough to secure residency training position, because the whole idea of being trained in the USA is very competitive, BUT there is always a way out!. You should utilize your observership to your advantage. Talk to the people who can guarantee you a spot in residency( that can easily be done by personally going to the small community Hospitals offering residency position). Go all out ,and knock on the doors of small programs. I did same ,and when I was knocking on door number 6( number 6th program), I was lucky and I did my program and draduated( please dont ask me which program). Life after residency is worth all the USMLE trouble. Go for it and you can do it!

0 - ArchivalUser - 02-09-2012

Thank you invincible for your encouragement.

0 - ArchivalUser - 02-10-2012

like invincible said - call all the small programs, ask them if they offer observerships. then impress them with ur work. dont give up buddy. u have good scores when compared to most ppl in this forum, including me. concentrate on programs which accept old grads.
like Aurora Family Medicine prog in Wisconsin.. they take old grads but not sure of the limit.

good luck buddy...

Thanx for your advice.I will try my best.

img133,

Wish you can get into a program from your two IVs.

Do not give up, we still have SOAP.

I am still waiting for my CS, if pass, will try SOAP.

Thanks for the 'inside stories' and alternative viable options- this exam is everything for us as IMGS!

SEE BELOW- Logical approach it seems-esp for “old imgs”or those that FAILED…:
UPGRADE App w/GOOD USMLE Scores...Used This...
doctoroz1 - 02/10/12 15:30

100%-GUARANTEED Pass, $13.5K ONLINE Pgm

-Start NOW (especially if you are one of the 73% of all IMGS that were found by a recent AAMC- peer-reviewed research publication to have failed their step, if they had (within the past 6 months) used one of the big name USMLE educational services (LIVE)- you know who they are; not to mention the ongoing Congressional action being taken against their educational funding tactics)

--OUR Personalized, High-Technology Multi-Media CUTTING EDGE- System catapults you to certain (GUARANTEED- OR YOU PAY NOTHING) USMLE SUCCESS by:
---the development of a 20 –year (USMLE- and NBME-) research studies’-based, statistically developed CASE PRESENTATION-derived knowledge base, directed and focused solely towards excellent USMLE outcomes for our students

--The latter Forces you off of that circular, frustrating Path of Irrelevant Nonsense, by the LYSIS OF
--- Un-productive USMLE Examinee Habits of GOING AROUND/STUDYING IRRELEVANT MATERIALS- IN CIRCLES, so as to instead encounter a substitution BY:
---- a FRAMESHIFT MUTATION in the form of an INGENIOUS LEARNING METHOD Developed by IVY LEAGUE-MDs, that places the Examinee on a STRAIGHT LINE DIRECTLY towards the logical solution of REAL Case-derived, USMLE questions

-Therefore: MAKE THAT EMERGENCY CALL IMMEDIATELY
-- OUR Pre-Recorded INFORMATION LINE: Ph# 641.715.3900 Extension 833768

0 - ArchivalUser - 02-11-2012

thanks!

morons from the den talking to each other again sammy_parikh , a_k , ..........

THANKS for the update on this helpful idea!