USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Family Medicine Applicants Gather Here... - diverticulosis - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Family Medicine Applicants Gather Here... - diverticulosis (/showthread.php?tid=788728)

0 - ArchivalUser - 09-19-2014

@realist123 its rare to get an interview this early. only exceptional appliacnts and american graduates get it this early, before MSPE is released. for IMG, mid october is when the real interview invites start and youll continue to get invites into January. Last year I received all my interviews in Nov and Dec. Keep in mind they have a couple thousand applicants and they have to sort through each and every one, read personal statements, etc. and they have other jobs as well they dont just do this all day long. Most programs meet once a week and discuss as many applications as they can and thats it. and usually theyll just put the interview worthy ones separately but wont invite to interview until theyve gone through a few hundred of the appliactions so they can choose the best candidates to interview from the lot. we have a LONG way to go

hi,
I was LOL when i saw this message from the same program [little rock],it is the same as UN of MN program, I felt that it has rejection written all over it in a pleasant way.

@sys_71082. The MSPE is a formality, PD know that many schools give good ones out as policy so the rest of the app is more important for IMG/FMG honestly many PD's do not think highly of medical schools outside the USA, sad but true

@drfp i agree completely but even then, like i said, img dont get many interviews until mid october...thats when youll see everyone writing "interview at....!" several times a day. before that, they only invite amg or exceptional img or a lucky couple average img. but theres no reason to get disappointed this early on is my main point. its hard not to be anxious but have to try because we have a long long way to go still.

@sys_71082 yes I agree with you infact just told my wife same thing, it gets bad if no IV invite by mid October towards Nov

i got the email last yr b4 receiving the fone interview but didn't get the real IV.
@realistic
YOG 2008
step 1: 211, 2ck:225, CS: passed, step 3: 215
GC holder, USCE

Arrowmates,Yur credentials r much better and u do not need a visa also.
If such is the situation with u people then what will happen to the visa requiring IMGs?

The only good things in my profile r my Step-1 score of 231 and the Australian Experience of 3 years.I do not know if US observerships even matter.
Do not know if Australian experience, which is an experience from a similar health system , will matter as much I think.

0 - ArchivalUser - 09-20-2014

I haven't received any interviews yet.... Only one rejection. I applied to 100 programs.
My stats: 249 Step 1 (1), 253 Step 2 (1), but I'm applying with a failed usmle cs. Im a caribbean med student and all clinicals are done in US. I have 5 LOR. I am scheduled to retake oct 11th. Im really worried about the failed CS. Has anyone ever applied with a failed CS score??

0 - ArchivalUser - 09-20-2014

@leavingrss,
R u a U.S. citizen, or have aGC,what is ur YOG, will ur CS results be ready by match time? Did u do ur clinical rotations in US ?