USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Psychiatry Interview/Rejection Status 2015 - drsbg - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Psychiatry Interview/Rejection Status 2015 - drsbg (/showthread.php?tid=788778)

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-21-2014

@mroops
Yes I got IV half an hour after asking you guys SmileThanks

@mroops and others

I have not received most of these rejections others have gotten on this forum. I have applied to over 120 Psych programs and have only received 3 rejections thus far, and no IVs. Is there any chance for me and have all the programs received my application? Thanks

hey -
it's hard to tell. my guess is they received the file (check through ADT), but either they have not yet reviewed your file yet or you have made through their automatic filters and they are putting it on hold before deciding what to do later on.

@dhstudents05 if I remember correctly, I think you have good stats. If you haven't got rej from those program who have already sent rej means they are either still reviewing your application or you are in hold or as stylus said you are filtered automatically by computer. Sometimes they sent IV in lots so be patient. I got IV from program a month back and folks are getting now from same prog and vice versa. So be patient. Make sure that you apply to prog who meets your criteria. I was only able to apply to 54 prg becz of my old graduation. I will recommend to wait for a week and if still no response you can start emailing them. Good luck.

@stylus98 and @mroops

Thank you for your very prompt replies. I applied September 16th because of the ERAS error and till now approximately 90% of the programs in ADTS say available to program on September 16th.

@mroops may I ask if you have completed step 3? Thanks again to both of you for your help and best of luck for all your future endeavours.

Msg from New York Medical College at Westchester Medical Center Program

@panda470, I also got the message, does that mean they will re issue all invitations? As in we no longer have that interview?

Dear Future Psychiatrists,

It is with great regret that I must inform you that
I have resigned as Program Director for the New York Medical College at
Westchester Medical Center Psychiatry Residency program. Recent changes in the
department have made it impossible for me to function effectively in my role as
Program Director or in the department. An Interim Program Director has been
appointed and invitations to interview will continue to be issued. I wish you
success in finding a residency position and in your future career as a
psychiatrist.

Sincerely,

Wendy
L. Thompson, MD, DLFAPA

Residency
Training Director

Vice
Chair for Education

Professor
of Clinical Psychiatry

Who cares about ur resignation Mr. Program Director!!!

WOW Did everyone got this email from Westchester??Or is it only the people who got the interview?

lol, I got the same email too..