USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Official 2016 Psychiatry Invite/Rejection Thread - diverticulosis - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Official 2016 Psychiatry Invite/Rejection Thread - diverticulosis (/showthread.php?tid=814331)

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-30-2015

@dr_usmle2012:

I don't give out my skype ID online, but I'd be glad to help you. Just email me at dreamchasers23 with any questions you have. I started the program this year, and it's been going great. Unfortunately I came to the realization last year that residency may not work out, so I decided to move on a different path as this is my last year applying. If you're optimistic, there are a few allied health programs that can get you a very nice salary after only 1-2 years of studying. And no waiting on program directors to analyze and scrutinize your application, you can find immediate jobs anywhere in the country. Just email me and I'd be glad to help.

Thanks @ diverticulosis, i have sent you an email, plz check your inbox.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks again, and GL

@divertculosis

Umm... did your school advise you on this? Lack of IVs could be do PD thinking you not comitted to getting a residency if you plan to enter another field.

Not attacking, I think it is smart to plan for future. Just a viewpoint I feel some might take.

No invites only a flood of rejections this week. Here's to hoping we start the weekend on a happy note!

@fitzchiv:

No way I would ever mention that lol, that would kill my app immediately. I have theories as to why I'm not getting invs but unfortunately I just don't know. Is it not going to a top carib school, maybe. Failing Step 2 cs 1 time, maybe. But I just don't know. I volunteer at a state psych hospital, and have other psych experience over the past year, including Step 3 passing this past September. I really thought this would be my year but here I am with 0 invs. I decided to apply to the allied health program back in February of 2015 because that was the deadline to start this fall. But it's a solid back up that can net close to 90k in salary in case I don't match this year since I'm not applying again. It seems that it was a good decision as I'm sitting here with 0 invs. We have to be realistic sometimes and the sad truth is an MD from a foreign school is essentially useless in the US without residency. My reality is that it may not happen so I have to think of plan b. Let's see how the season plays out, but sometimes we have to do what we have to do. I also have a wife and family to think of so it's a little different for me.

@dr_usmle2012:

Got it. Ill get back to u in a few Smile

@divertculosis

I hope you get some later. That SDN post about USIMG with 0 till January with 10 is someone I think about. You could be just like him. Don't give up till January!

I am having such an anxiety and stress!!!!
This whole residency thing is so crazy...

@fitzchiv:

I'm won't brother! I'm still in it to win it, I really hope someone gives me a chance. I'm a good person for god sakes!

@childhood_dreams:

You're not the only one, my stress level is at an all time high!

diverticulosis!

I am having multiple small panic attacks daily!

This residency process has decompensated my cognition. I may be on the verge of psychiatric break out!