USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Family Medicine rej/invite 2016 - psycho14 - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Family Medicine rej/invite 2016 - psycho14 (/showthread.php?tid=814564)

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-16-2015

@ thedoublehelix
Yea...I did all my clinical clerkship in USA..I am Caribbean IMG, US citizen

@student1960...

Sry this is from a page or two ago but lets say i dont take step 3, go back to med school, and then retake all steps. My yog would be fresh from the new med school and i would have new step scores. Would they still be able to see my old step scores in that case?

From what I know, your scores are valid for 10 years, regardless if you repeat medical school. Unless if you are ECFMG certified then you are done forever. Cannot repeat anything.

Those of you that have emailed programs this week to see if they are still reviewing applications, etc. would you mind updating in the Google spreadsheet which programs these are in a new tab? That would keep it anonymous (Even if you just put the State you inquired in that would be helpful). That way we don't all bombard and possibly annoy programs.

@jaygunjan007 USMLE Scores if you take step 1,2 cs even with ECFMG certification you will have to retake the tests after 7 years in many states, there are a couple that are 10 years, why? Because these states say step 3 must be passed within 7 years of passing step 1. So after 7 years you would have to get permission to retake steps 1 and 2. Once you pass step 3 its done and over forever

can somebody post a link to the google doc please.

I wonder why the FM thread has much more activity than IM, I looked at pages from previous years and this was never the case. a shift in trend?

when I started medical school in 06 it was said that FM was the easiest to get into and a back up, not the case in 15......................................

Same here. Actually I have always wanted to be a family physician even before starting med school. I absolutely love it and I want to do it for the right reasons. I honestly do not care about how lucrative it is or will get. It's just a passion I have. Just someone needs to lend me and most of us a chance to show that we belong in this and can do a better job in many cases.

@ thedoublehelix I believe the link to the Google spreadsheet is on page 75. Having trouble navigating to it on my smartphone. I'll repost the link tomorrow using my computer when I have a chance.

@alternativemedicine
Thanks