USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Pathology Match 2017 - pathpath - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Pathology Match 2017 - pathpath (/showthread.php?tid=831727)

6117170 - ArchivalUser - 10-09-2016

geneticpath

Thank you. Congradulations on your ivs.

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-09-2016

I need your opinion. My current research that has been going on for almost a year is a clinical research that involves no direct lab work at all. Do you think this could hurt me in an interview? Should I try to mold it and make more Pathology related, or just honestly speak about it ? Should I avoid talking about it ?

Any input is appreciated.

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-09-2016

@06117170 don't worry. I have one attempt with my CS and got 10 interviews so far (Brigham and women's, UCSF, Indiana Uni, UCLA, UPMC, Mayo, UC davis, Ichan, NYU, and Uni of Penn).
My scores are around 230 and I need visa. I am a full trained pathologist though. Few publications.
You will get at least few interview.
Good luck.

6117170 - ArchivalUser - 10-09-2016

pathologistapcp

Thank you. Hope so. Congradulations on your ivs.

0 - ArchivalUser - 10-10-2016

egymed
I have no research experience and I got invites from interview, i have the same question, what if they asked me about research? how should i respond

@dreamofpathology,

In community hospitals if you speak about research you will not be selected, for community hospitals your research experience will be viewed in negative light. Only at very big university hospitals you have to emphasize on research. In average University hospitals its good to speak little bit about research but not mandatory.

Geneticpath,
Are you first author for these papers you mentioned??? (10 Papers in Journals like Molecular Cell, EMBO Molecular Medicine, Cell Cycle) I feel it is so hard to published such papers as each one of them is a PhD In USA!!!!...

Many thanks and good luck

212 step1/224 step2/CS all first attempt, 216 step3 2nd attempt,
Master in pathology from home country and residency, YOG 2002,
PhD from high rank University USA, 3 posters ,2 abstracts, one oral talk, 1 paper submitted in high impact factor journal under reviewing. need visa, LOR 3 from US from big names. US experience 8 months,
No interview so far only one rejection, applied for 100+ programs.

genticpath
I got invite from university program and they like research. I do not have research exp and they still invited me. sometimes i got thoughts that they invited me only to fill the list, what do u think i should respond about any research question??

paatho
you will get invites, do not worry