USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Pathology Match 2017 - pathpath - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Pathology Match 2017 - pathpath (/showthread.php?tid=831727)

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-25-2017

@pathfinder2017...how was your interview experience at U of Toledo....can you share your experience please....Thanks

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-26-2017

@Pathfinder2017

From your list I interviewed only at Mississippi and Toledo. I liked the Mississippi program and will rank it high on my ROL. I am a fresh graduate with not much previous pathology experience and I like that medical students from their medical school regularly join the program. The biggest downside is that Jackson is a terrible place to live in.
Toledo is a small program with good faculty and friendly residents. Still not sure where I am going to rank it.

@somebodynobody From your list I interviewed only at ECU. What do you think of that program?
When I interviewed, It looked like a good program, but the residents didn't seem happy to me.

This is my list. If anyone interviewed at some of these, please help me with the rank.

Creighton
Missouri Kansas City
UF Jacksonville
University of Illinois-chicago
Mississippi
East Carolina
MetroHealth
Toledo

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-27-2017

I heard ECU is in a huge pressure from AAMC. The residents are not happy there.

@egymd13...can you share your interview experience at U of Toledo...I have an upcoming interview there...thanks
From your list, I only interviewed at metrohealth. What do you think about it.

@luckusa
As Egymed said. Toledo is a small program with only 8 to 12k/year. I liked the Hospital and residents space. the city is also small. The attendings were nice too.

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-28-2017

@luckusa
I was the only interviewee during my interview. I interviewed with 7 people (it was supposed to be 8, but one of them didn't show up) which is think is too many. All the attendings are really nice, and they have a good mix of well-experienced attendings and young ones who just finished their residency. One interview was very unusual, but don't worry about it, it was fun.
A very quick tour is given by a resident. Residents seemed happy, but the program is very small. Residents are heavily engaged in medical students' education and you will see medical students everywhere in the department. Enjoy your visit and be prepared to ask them a lot of questions.

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-28-2017

something i noticed about ECU which i didn't like:
It seemed as though the residents were hiding out
I only talked to the chief
may be they were asked to avoid the applicants
so that they don't see how miserable they are
the chief seemed happy though

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-29-2017

thank you egymed13 and pathfinder2017 for info.