USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community
Rajat or Joewest... - - Printable Version

+- USMLE Forum - Largest USMLE Community (https://www.usmleforum.com)
+-- Forum: USMLE Forum (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Matching & Residency (https://www.usmleforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Rajat or Joewest... - (/showthread.php?tid=9842)

Pages: 1 2

Rajat or Joewest... - - ArchivalUser - 01-20-2004

DDt

Did either of you get your ECFMG certificate? The result came out on the 5th of this month and they still havent sent it.
What could be taking these guys so long?

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-21-2004

rajat

no mine hasent come till date
i called them up n they said that it takes 2 wks and when ii told them that already 2 wks have passed, they said that thats the only way they can help me ...
this is really bad...
i want it so badly

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-22-2004

rajat

mine has come
rajat

DDt

Thats good Rajat ! good luck with your step 3.
Do we have send a copy of our certificate with the application?

rajat

no... i just applied for step3...
all u need to mention is the date ur cert was issued
i havent received my cert yet ... i checked on oasis that it was mailed on 21 jan...
good luck to you too man

joewest

The same for me. Just got the oasis update today. You don't need the certificate itself, just the issue date. Good luck.
Do you guys think it makes any diference which state we apply, as far as how soon we'll be able to schedule step 3. I've heard a lot of people talking about connecticut. Any comments?

0 - ArchivalUser - 01-23-2004

rajat

well i dont think it makes any diff to which state u apply
gud thing abt conn.. is that it is very applicant friendly i.e. it doesnt require any prior graduatio.., valid all over US, also u can tke as many attempts though i m sure no 1 wants that...
i have gone 4 conn...
all the best
rajat

joewest

Hey rajat, what's this thing about being valid all over the US. I've scheduled mine for Florida. No recquirements either, but I didn't see anything about where it is valid. To begin, are you talking about step 3 being valid to get a lisence elsewhere?
thanks

rajat

well i think almost all r valid all over US i.e. u can practise anywhere in US after gettin liscence...
what is ur reason to choose florida

DDt

Hey Joe and Rajat,
Here's what i got from the FSMB website. We as FMGs can go for any one of the following although some are better than the others.

a- California, Nevada and Florida : without any conditions, no time limit set to pass, no requirements for fmgs, no need to apply for liscensure when applyig for step3.

b- NewYork: Unlimited attempts and time period for passing but you have to apply for NY state liscensure simultaneously which by the way costs 700 bucks!

c- Connecticut, West Virginia and Virginia: Unlimited number of attempts but you have to clear all exams within 7 years.

I dont know the part where Rajat mentions about the transferrable-to-another-state. All you need to show is the cleared step 3 score sheet and it dosent really matter when you go to register with another state. There are their own requirements of course.
Good luck to you both. Im still waiting for anything to turn up on oasis!