Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tell me plzzzzzzzzz -
pagal

i was offered aprematch i signed it and now i am going for the match but before that i sent an e mail to pthe program regarding sever family problem b/c of which i cannot move out of my city will there be any problem as i have signed it and now wana back off
regards
pagal
aa

I don't think any body here has such experience. But obviously you have signed means that you said you are sure to accept and have an obligation to fulfill your commitment. The program has already reduced the number of premached positions and limited its quota before submitting its ROL. But remember when you try to get more or find convenience you might loose what you have. Most of us here are waiting the next 18 days or so with uncertainity of our fate in the match.

Good luck
Desi 34

You are absloutely PAGAL & PAJEE
Jofussino

I'm not a lawyer, but consider this in terms of legal theory. You applied for the Match before you signed this pre-Match agreement. There's one of two possibilities here.

1) Entering into the Match constitutes the acceptance of a contract with a program to be determined at a later date.

or...

2) Entering into the Match does NOT constitute acceptance of a contract with a program until such time as the actual Match occurs (in March).

If the first possibility proves to be true, then the pre-Match contract should be theoretically null and void, as you have already entered into a competing contractual agreement and cannot possibly fulfill the commitment of the pre-Match contract at the same time.

If the second possibility is true, then the pre-Match contract would take precedence.

I think in either case, you may possibly be subject to penalties if the other party chooses to pursue them. A third possibility does exist that both contracts are legally binding, in which case the best thing you can do from a legal standpoint is to fulfill the obligation you made first. Again, penalties may ensue.

Next time, READ THE AGREEMENTS BEFORE YOU ACCEPT THEIR TERMS. This applies not only to the Match but to everything from home loans to joining practices.
Step 3 Pro

Never fear you are not alone. It happpens year after year. PDs know it is a risk when they get you to sign pre matches. As long as they know before the 15th of March they will fill your slot easily.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »