Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did anyone rank a program under probation?? -
IMG

Hi, those of u who need a visa.. did you all risk ranking a program under probation?? I mean u enter a program under probation in july 2004, and the program closes in december itself.. you will not even be able to stay in US, if you have visa issues?? Did u all still rank a program under probation??

DDt

Thats a good q IMG.
While giving my interviews in Saint Louis, i did go to one under probation. However i did rank it and conincidently it is out of the red now.
The PD there told me that a program like Johns Hokins also came into the probation zone due its residents complaining about duty hours.
I wouldnt be too scared about the probation thing except for two things:
1- The calibre of the program itself
2- More importantly the reason why it is under probe.
Be crystal about these and then it would be easier for you to decide.
Good luck
IMG

Thanks a lot for ur reply. Do u have any idea as to what happens in the event of the program not being able to get out of the red. Do the residents just nowhere or they do something for them??
DDt

I dont know the reply to that one. The person who could have answered it for me was the PD i mentioned. I tried asking him exactly the same thing without offending him but he didnt give any straight foward reply to that. I guess its a touchy issue for a PD!
Its more or less your own judgement of course but if you have a couple of interviews in your bag and the program concerned is a medium to a lower tier then it would be better to keep it at the bottom of your list.
IMG

Thanks a lot!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »