Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To sleepless ,or any helpful person! - mle1
Hi friends,please advice me. My extended eligibility period ends on 31st july and I took my exam date as 27th july.Now due to some personal problems Iwill not be able to take my exam on 27th.I know I'll loose my money and need to register again.Anyone please tell me whether I need to call Ecfmg and if so do they ask me the reason?Please guys anybody knows ,do help me.And also how early can I register again?Thanks in advance.
Hi mle1

Ok, you will need to go onto the website www.prometric.com and cancel your exam date...as far as i know, even if u don't sit for the exam you need to cancel your exam date or else you will be fined when u decide to reschedule....and remember, u have to cancel at least 5 business days before the date that you have selected....

no one will ask you why you cancelled so it doesn't matter....don't bother calling ecfmg though because it's not them who you schedule your exam with, it's prometric...

i have a friend who went through the same thing and she told me that the earliest date that she could reapply for the exam was 2 weeks after the end of the 1st eligibility period....which in your case would be about mid-august.....

hope that helps

best of luck
Thanks a lot serenity12 for giving me your precious time .May God help you always.Anybody else has any info regarding calling ECFMG to cancel the exam,please let me know.Thanks a lot.
Anyone else please ?If knows anything regarding my situation?
well if u have already extended the exam then if u don't take it then u lose the fee... anyhow... so u have to go on prometric site and cancel the exam, since u have extended ur triad once like paid 50 dollars already ,, so u cannot extend it more,,
u must cancel it,, if u don't cancel it then it will be counted as an attempt,,, u know what that means ,, that when u apply for residencies ur ERAS will show that u attempted the exam once even though u did not sit for it.
once u cancel it then no attempt is registered,, and nothing is written on ur ERAS application,... so just cancel it..... and then pay the whole fee again.. and then take it.. my advice though..
A SHIP IN THE HARBOUR IS SAFE BUT THIS IS NOT WHAT SHIPS ARE BUILT FOR.

hope it helps... take care and best of luck.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »