Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staten Island University Hospital ???? - drjdj
anyone knows this IM program? please advice. thanks in advance
its primary care im prog. not categ. be careful if u want fships later on. u cud run into difficulties
Which state is Staten Island University Hospital located?
It is in New york.
Last year I was called for an interview and I spent all my money for accomodation, travel etc and the interview lasted less than 5 minutes, they told me that they had called me by mistake and they do not sponsor visa's. However I do know that a number of IMG's work there. Anyways it was their loss, I matched into a very good university program.
This program does have IMG™s ( ). Minimum USMLE score required or to be competitive is 80. They do not have Year of Graduation cut off. They sponsor: H-1 and J-1. They do not require U.S. experience.
Comments
All potential applicants should apply through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service). Applications are accepted from October 1 to December 31
DO YOU ACCEPT INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL GRADUATES? Yes.
DO YOU OFFER œPREMATCHING? No, all applicants are required to go through the match.
ARE THERE SPECIFIC USMLE/COMLEX SCORE œCUTOFFS? No, but we generally look for candidates whose scores are at least œaverage. For example, a USMLE score of 80 is usually about the average mark for any given year.
IS THERE A SPECIFIC GRADUATION YEAR œCUTOFF? There is no specific cutoff for your graduation year. However, we prefer candidates who have recently (within 2 years) graduated from or are currently in medical school or graduate medical training. Those candidates that have completed medical school or other form of training AND are currently in FULL-TIME clinical practice are also eligible for application.
IS USA EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL GRADUTES? No, but it is very favorable to have this experience. A letter of recommendation from the site is required for us to include this in your application.
DO OBSERVERSHIPS COUNT TOWARDS USA EXPERIENCE? Yes.
DO YOU OFFER OBSERVERSHIPS OR EXTERNSHIPS? No. DOES A RESEARCH ROTATION COUNT TOWARDS USA EXPERIENCE? No. We are looking for clinical experience. However, research experience is an important factor that we consider. Also, USA experience is NOT a requirement for eligibility.
DO YOU SPONSOR J1 and H1b VISAS? Yes.
***Univ prog. No minimum scores criteria, sponsor J1 and H1 visas. Have heard it™s a god program
It's an average program
So they do sponsor H1-B.
Where is this information from?
Heard they accept many IMGs from certain area of the world. what is the chance to get in this program for an IMG from other countries? honest opinion is needed in order to save money and time. also i heard they did offer pre-match in previous years. how about this year? thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »