Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
infertility - luckyalways
The cervical mucus contact test reveals agglutination of the sperms head-to-head. Sperm antibodies are also noted in the man's plasma.

Treatment of infertility

A. In vitro fertilization
B. Laparoscopy
C. Ethinyl estradiol from days 1-10
D. Salpingolysis
E. Human menopausal gonadotropins
F. Clomiphene citrate
G. Ligation of varicocele
H. Artificial insemination from husband
I. Artificial insemination with donor semen
I random guess or maybe A
Go with I)
I?
A is correct
but can anyone explain
A. In vitro fertilization
Some women make abnormal proteins that attack sperm (sperm antibodies). These antibodies may attach to sperm, impairing their movement or causing them to clump together. Some men make similar antibodies that attack their own sperm. The presence of agglutination is suggestive to prove the existence of an immunological factor of fertility. Antibody production against sperm surface macromolecules could interfere with critical physiologic fertilization precursor events, such as capacitation and the acrosome reaction.
Sperm antibodies may contribute to infertility depending on the number of antibodies produced and the site at which they attach to the sperm. If large numbers of antibodies are present, pregnancy may be achieved by in vitro fertilization combined with a special lab procedure called intracytoplasmic sperm injection, in which a single sperm is injected into an egg.
well explained, Prodeterone thank you.

I can add if you mind(your nickname action)Tonguerogesterone as a Fertility Drug

In an in vitro fertilization (IVF) cycle progesterone is given after the egg retrieval to help

build the lining of the uterus (endometrium). The progesterone is given in an attempt to

make the endometrium lining thicker to better prepare it for implantation of the fertilized

egg. This works because progesterone helps increase the blood supply and nourishes the lining.

thanks sao and progestrone..
sorry for the spelling I mean progesterone

Thanks luckyalways for posting the qs and answer.

Thanks Sao
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »